To register for Winona Senior Friendship Center events, 251 Main Street, call 454-5212.
‘Sound of Music’
Mon., January 4, 1-3 p.m.
Free for members.
• Singing along is encouraged! Popcorn and treats will be available at a minimal charge.
• Bring your calendar to get autographs of the stars in attendance and see how many you can collect.
• “The King and I” will be shown at 1 p.m. on February 29; “Annie Get Your Gun” will be shown on March 14, and “Singing in the Rain” will be shown on April 18.
Homeless and poverty
Dan Corcoran and Bethany houses; facilitator Michael Adboo, live-in volunteer. Wednesday, January 6, 11 a.m. to noon. Free for members.
• Learn about the Winona Catholic Worker and the Catholic Worker movement.
• Find out about the problems of homeless and poverty in our community.
• Learn ways to get involved and make a difference in your community.
• Homemade cookies provided.
Defensive driving refresher course
This new courseis replacing the AARP Drivers Safety Program. Monday, January 11, February 8, 12:30-4:30 p.m.; the cost is $14 for members. Monday, April 11, from 6-10 p.m.
• Four-hour safety driving class with 10 percent discount on insurance.
• For those who have already taken any initial eight-hour class.
• No driving and no test; you will receive a certificate of completion to provide your insurance company.
• Wisconsin residents must ask their insurance agent if they will cover the 10 percent discount
• Pre-registration is required for all classes prior to the date.