Wednesday, Dec. 20
• At 12:11 a.m. officers arrested Antoine Milton Booker, 44, of Winona, for fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance – cocaine, after officers reportedly found two baggies containing 0.97 grams and 0.06 grams of a substance that field-tested positive for cocaine in his vehicle after a traffic stop on Cummings Street and Broadway.
• At 12:14 a.m. an adult male reported sometime between 4 p.m. and midnight his blue electric wheelchair valued at $2,000 was taken while parked on 12th and Main streets.
• At 8:40 a.m. an adult female reported the theft of five $100 Visa gift cards and $158 in cash from her desk at her residence on the 450 block of West Seventh Street.
• At 4:14 p.m. police stopped a vehicle at Sarnia and Hamilton streets to make contact with the driver, Jose Luis Najera, 20, of Winona. Police wanted to question him about a report made earlier in the day by an adult female who said he had taken her cellphone, keys, a dog leash and a collar. Police said Najera allowed his car to be searched, and the missing phone was not found, but two pipes and a small bag of a substance that field-tested positive for cocaine were found. He was referred to the county attorney’s office for potential charges of fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance, driving after revocation, and theft. Police reportedly recovered the woman’s keys.
• At 10:20 p.m. police stopped a vehicle at 10th and South Baker streets for having an object suspended from the rear-view mirror. Police reportedly noticed an oder of marijuana coming from the vehicle and discovered that passenger Jakob Wayne Parker, 18, of Winona, had a warrant for his arrest. Police said when Parker exited the vehicle, he removed a pipe from his pocket. Passenger William Curtis Perry, 26, of Minnesota City, reportedly exited the vehicle and a pouch fell from his armpit while he was being searched. Police said inside the pouch were two syringes, one syringe loaded with a clear substance, three eight-milligram pills of suboxone, a bag with two oxycodone pills, a bag with 2.35 grams of a brownish gray substance believed to be psilocybin mushrooms, a bag with .3 grams of a substance police believed to be crack-cocaine, a bag with .21 grams of a substance that field-tested positive for methamphetamine, and a bag with a trace amount of marijuana. Perry was cited with fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance. Parker was arrested on the warrant and cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 11:37 p.m. police stopped a vehicle at Broadway and Sioux Street for having a brake light out. Police reportedly noticed an order of marijuana inside the vehicle and the driver, Adam Temple Bahr, 25, of Winona, reportedly admitted to having 1/4 pound of the drug in the vehicle. Police reportedly recovered 112.1 grams of a substance that field-tested positive for marijuana. Bahr was referred to the county attorney for potential felony fifth-degree controlled substance charges.
Thursday, Dec. 21
• Theft charges were filed against Issac Semaj Coley, 23, of Winona. Police were called about a stolen bike from a bike shop on November 21. According to the criminal complaint, Coley had recently looked at the bike in the shop, and when police went to his house, he showed up riding it.
Tuesday, Dec. 19
• At 11:40 a.m. police received a report from an adult female that her dog had been taken from her residence on County Road 12. She said a male driving a gray Ford came into her home and took the dog. The dog was later located with the man, and deputies are investigating potential burglary charges.
• At 12:03 p.m. an adult male reported someone dumped tires and construction materials at his property on Old Homer Road.
Thursday, Dec. 21
• At 11:44 p.m. deputies stopped a vehicle at Highway 61 and Vila Street after reportedly observing it cross the center line. The driver, Jacob David Maschka, 20, of Minnesota City, was cited for possession of a small amount of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, and having an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle after officers reportedly found marijuana, a pipe, and an open bottle in the vehicle.
Tuesday, Dec. 19
• At 8:15 p.m. Robert Lee Copling, 43; Joshua W. Erickson, 35; and Amanda L. Prill, 37, were arrested in Whitehall. Investigators reportedly found more than nine grams of methamphetamine, loaded hypodermic needles, a small amount of marijuana and a handgun inside the vehicle with the trio. All three were arrested on drug-related charges, carrying a concealed weapon, and felony bail jumping.