Semcac, a community action agency serving Southeast Minnesota, has funds available through Minnesota Housing for housing rehabilitation loans for eligible homeowners in Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Mower, Rice, Steele, Wabasha and Winona counties. This loan is a zero-percent interest rate loan with a 15-year term or a 10-year term for mobile/manufactured homes in a mobile home park. If you meet the following requirements, you may be eligible to borrow up to $27,000 to complete improvements to your home:
• Must have owned and occupied the property as principal place of residence for the past six months
• Current with your property taxes
• Current with your mortgage payments
• Have homeowners’ insurance on the property
• Have less than $25,000 in assets
• Have had the property weatherized by Semcac or Three River’s Community Action Agency or on the waiting list to be weatherized
• Have total gross household income within the income limits, which is 30 percent of Minneapolis/St. Paul
Properties in a reverse mortgage, trust or in a cooperative are not eligible.
For more information on this program, please contact Cindy at Semcac, PO Box 549, Rushford, Minn., 55971; at her direct line at 507-864-8207; or by email at email@example.com. All applicants are protected under the Data Practices Act.