Wednesday, Feb. 21
• At 9:33 a.m. an officer reportedly recognized Eric William Poillon, 31, of Winona, in a vehicle parked at Lake and Wilson streets and knew he had no driver’s license and had warrants for his arrest. When the officer approached the vehicle he reportedly noticed Poillon was wearing a wig. The officer activated his lights and Poillon allegedly drove a short distance before stopping, and made “furtive movements” near the center console. When the officer placed Poillon under arrest, he reportedly noticed a baggie near the console, along with a hypodermic needle sticking out of a soda can. Police reportedly found methamphetamine and marijuana in a backpack belonging to Poillon, along with boxes of unused needles. Poillon told police where he had obtained the needles and said he had them so that when his friends used drugs they had clean, safe needles. An infant was reportedly in the vehicle at the time of the arrest. He was charged with fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance — methamphetamine, and possession of hypodermic needles.
• At 9:51 a.m. police received a report from an adult male that two pairs of shoes and $20 in cash were taken from an unlocked vehicle parked on the 350 block of East Fifth Street.
• At 12:39 p.m. officers cited a 16-year-old boy for possession of a small amount of marijuana at Winona Senior High School after the school safety specialist found 3.18 grams of the drug on the boy.
• At 4:32 p.m. police received a report that a vehicle slid into a gate on North Prairie Island Road and damaged the gate.
• At 7:34 p.m. police received a report that a 57-year-old male from Alma had assaulted another male at a residence on Kraemer Drive. He allegedly punched the victim, put him in a headlock and bit his ear. Officers mailed the man a ticket for fifth-degree domestic assault causing fear and fifth-degree domestic assault causing harm.
Thursday, February 22
• At 3:14 a.m. an officer noticed a vehicle parked in a driveway at Broadway and Center Street. When the officer approached the vehicle, he reportedly smelled the odor of marijuana and alcohol. No marijuana was found. Tessa Mary Ylitalo, 19, of Delano, Minn., and Katie Jean Carlson, 19, of Inver Grove Heights, were cited for underaged consumption of alcohol.
Winona County Sheriff
Thursday, Feb. 22
• The Winona County Sheriff’s Office referred Alan Jon Nagle, 52, of Dacota, to the county attorney for 12 counts violating a domestic abuse no contact order. According to investigators, Nagle is currently in the Winona County Jail and forbidden from contacting the person who holds the order except for text messages regarding his children. He allegedly sent roses to the person who holds the order on February 14, along with a card, and sent a series of text messages and phone calls on the following day and on February 22.