Former Minnesota Viking, Autry Beamon, headlines this year’s list of celebrity blackjack dealers for the Winona DAC’s 11th Annual Auction & Casino Night to be held at Signatures on Saturday, March 17, 2018. Beamon was a cornerback, drafted in the 12th round of the 1975 NFL draft by the Minnesota Vikings. Beamon is a seven-year NFL veteran, playing his first two seasons with the Vikings, including an appearance in the Super Bowl following the 1976 season. Beamon then played three years with the Seattle Seahawks before playing his final two seasons with the Cleveland Browns.
In addition to dealing blackjack at the March 17 event, Beamon will also be signing free autographs from 5-5:30 p.m. at Signatures for guests with paid admission.
The complete list of blackjack dealers includes Steve Baumgart, Autry Beamon, Fred Benning, Paul Daly, Dave Dicke, Gabe Glidden, Andrew Guzzo, Andy Kaiser, Aaron Repinski, Tiffany Schindeldecker, Matt Semling, Heidi Smith and Jeff Straight. The annual fundraiser will take place on Saint Patrick’s Day, Saturday, March 17, 2018, at Signatures in Winona with all the proceeds from the evening going directly back to the Winona DAC, a nonprofit day center providing support services for individuals with developmental disabilities throughout Winona County.
Tickets for the fundraiser are $20 in advance and are on sale now at Hy-Vee, Midtown Foods, the Winona DAC, and the Liquor Locker in Lewiston. Tickets will be available at the door for $25. All guests attending the auction will receive a coupon for a free best wash with triple coat from Gilmore Avenue Car Wash & Quick Lube. Guests will enjoy an evening of blackjack play dealt by “celebrity” blackjack dealers from 5-7:30 p.m. with blackjack prizes awarded at 7:45 p.m. Hors d’oeuvres sessions will run at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. The live auction begins at 8 p.m. this year and will be conducted by Zenke Auction & Realty, with the silent auction tables closing shortly after the conclusion of the live auction.
The Winona DAC is currently accepting donations for the live and silent auctions. Donations can be dropped off at the DAC on Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. All donations received by March 5, 2018, will be listed in the annual auction book. The DAC is located at 1721 West Service Drive, Winona. You may call the DAC at 507-452-1798 to arrange a special drop off or pick up of your donation.
2018 celebrity blackjack dealers
• Steve Baumgart, mayor of Goodview
• Autry Beamon, former NFL player (Vikings, Seahawks and Browns)
• Fred Benning, Winona Steamboat Days Association
• Paul Daly, DJ 101.1 The River
• Dave Dicke, HBC public relations director
• Gabe Glidden, DJ KG95.3
• Andrew Guzzo, president, Merchants Bank
• Andy Kaiser, sales manager, Rochester Toyota
• Aaron Repinski, owner, Winona Tour Boats
• Tiffany Schindeldecker, owner, Gilmore Avenue Car Wash & Quick Lube
• Matt Semling, distribution and warehouse manager, Watkins
• Heidi Smith, Winona ORC director
• Jeff Straight, plant manager, Watkins
2018 auction event list
• 5 p.m., doors open
• 5-5:30 p.m., free autograph signing by Autry Beamon (former Viking)
• 5-7:30 p.m., free blackjack play with celebrity blackjack dealers
• 6 p.m., first hors d’oeuvres session
• 7 p.m., second hors d’oeuvre session
• 7:55 p.m., blackjack winners announced
• 8 p.m., live auction conducted by Zenke Auction & Realty
• 8:40 p.m., silent auction tables close
About the Winona Developmental Achievement Center (DAC)
The Winona DAC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit day facility in Winona that serves individuals with developmental disabilities throughout Winona County. The mission of the Winona DAC is to foster the interdependence of individuals with the community. The DAC does this by providing a work program where people do constructive meaningful work, earn paychecks, and participate in their community. Individuals attending the DAC also have the opportunity to participate in many community activities. Other areas of programming available are physical therapy and recreational activities, communication and social skills, community awareness, and volunteer opportunities. For more information about the Winona DAC please visit www.winonadac.org or call the DAC at 507-452-1798.