The spring retreat, Moving Forward, is sponsored by Hope United Grief Group (HUGG). This is a special retreat planned for widows, widowers, and significant others who have lost a loved one.
The Moving Forward retreat will be held on Friday (evening), Saturday and Sunday, April 13 through April 15, at the St. Teresa campus in Winona. This interdenominational retreat is meant to be a gift from God to remind the grieving that there is hope after the loss of a loved one, no matter where they may be on their journey of grief. It will be a safe place for one to come and be in the company of others who can offer their love and support.
Special features included in the retreat
• Corrine Kindschy, who is a widow and certified spiritual director, will be the keynote speaker.
• You will have the opportunity to visit privately with an experienced spiritual director during the weekend.
• Included in the cost of the retreat are two nights lodging (private room and private bath) and four meals.
• This retreat is meant to be a spiritual and healing experience. The retreat center has a chapel and outdoor grounds for one to meditate, pray or just enjoy peace and serenity.
• There will be one main conference with several sessions throughout the retreat weekend.
• There will be an optional Catholic Mass on Saturday evening for all in attendance.
The weekend will begin on Friday with check in beginning at 5 p.m. and the retreat beginning at 7 p.m. The cost of the retreat is $175 for the weekend. Please note there are confidential partial scholarships available. Registration is required and you may contact Marlene Hunt at email@example.com or 507-381-1177 for a registration form. HUGG also has a Facebook page under “Hope United Grief Group.”