On Saturday, April 7, the Winona Clown Club members and guests gathered at Ginny’s Supper Club in Rollingstone for their annual awards banquet. A total of 30 attended the gathering, including Birdie, Bubbles, Buffie, Buttons, E*L*M*O, Hugs, Josie, Jubilee!, Mitzie, Peppermint Polly, Rainbow, Rosie for Now, Scooter, Shadow, Sparkles, Stripes, Timber!!, Tutti Fruitti 2, WIZO, WHO, and 10 guests.
After a social hour and meal, a meeting was called to order at 7:33 p.m. by Winona Clown Club President Rosie for Now.
Awards celebrating the 2017 clown year were given as follows:
• 20-year Member and Hall of Fame: Scooter
• 25-year Member: Buttons and Stripes
• 30-year Member: Buffie
• 40-year Member: Rainbow
• Best Parade Clown: E*L*M*O and Tutti Fruitti 2
• Best Walk Around Clown: Timber!!
• Best Prop: Jubilee! and her weiner dog Oscar
• Most Improved Clown: Tutti Fruitti 2
• Most Appearances Made: Oofty Goofty
• Rookie of the Year: Morning Star
• Rascal Award: Jubilee!
The Rascal Award Josie received at last year’s banquet afforded her the opportunity to attend the World Clown Association Convention held from March 12-16 in Bloomington, Minn. She was one of 240 clowns from around the world who attended this event.
The Winona Clown Club hosts monthly meetings on the first Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Odd Fellows Club, 961 West Fifth Street, Winona. Anyone interested in clowning is welcome. For more information, visit www.winonaclownclub.org or the club’s Facebook page.