Friday, March 9
• An officer received a dishonored check packet from the owner of a Winona business. A representative from the business reported that Nathan Thomas Skallerup, 24, of Dakota, had written a check for $1,021.97 for the purchase of fuel and propane but that the check had been returned. Skallerup is charged with issuance of a dishonored check.
Tuesday, May 22
• At 10:07 a.m. an adult male reported that individuals had removed furniture from a vehicle and dumped it on his lawn on the 500 block of Harriet Street.
• At 4:04 p.m. an adult male reported the theft of a trailer hitch rack with an estimated value of $100 from his yard on the 150 block of East 10th Street.
Wednesday, May 23
• At 2:04 a.m. an adult female reported the sound of either fireworks or gunshots in the area of the 900 block of East Ninth Street.
• At 5:37 a.m. an adult male reported the theft of a black 2009 Chevy Trailblazer from his residence on the 1000 block of West 10th Street. The truck’s license plate is 651 ULE.
• At 6:39 a.m. an adult female reported that all four tires of her vehicle, parked at her residence on the 50 block of High Forest Road had been slashed at some time overnight.
• At 7:31 a.m. an adult male reported the theft of a Guidesman knife from his vehicle parked on the 900 block of West Ninth Street.
• At 8:26 a.m. an adult male reported the theft of a license plate from his vehicle parked on the 1600 block of West Ninth Street at some time in the previous week. The plate number was 769 PKN.
• At 9:26 a.m. an employee at the Winona Health Eye Clinic reported the theft of two pairs of designer sunglasses.
• At 1:50 p.m. an adult male reported the theft of a bag of clothes from his residence on the 900 block of West Broadway at some time in the last year.
• At 1:56 p.m. an adult male reported the theft of a vehicle parked on the 750 block of Menards Road. The male reported that the vehicle had been left running with the air conditioning on for a dog inside the vehicle, an Australian shepard. When the male returned the vehicle and dog were missing. The vehicle is a white 2009 Nissan Rogue, license plate ACB 6568. The dog was later reported killed in a traffic accident in Illinois.
• At 3 p.m. an adult male reported that the key to the trunk of his vehicle had been stolen from his keyring inside of the vehicle, parked on the 650 block of West Sarnia Street.
• at 3:14 p.m. an adult female reported the theft of items with an estimated value of $250 from her garage on the 450 block of Dakota Street, including a rocking chair, an 8 by 10 rug, an electric stapler, a cut-off saw and a folding table.
Thursday, May 24
• At 4:58 a.m. an adult male reported that his car had been spray-painted some time overnight while it was parked in his driveway on the 400 block of East Ninth Street.
• At 4:53 p.m. an adult female reported the theft of items from an unlocked outbuilding at her residence on the 900 block of Gilmore Street. Items reported stolen include a Hitachi chainsaw and a double-bit axe with a wood handle, with an estimated total value of $125.
• At 9:11 p.m an adult female reported that her vehicle had been struck by a van while parked near Hei ’n Low Tap in Winona. The driver reportedly left the scene but the female provided officers with a description and license plate number. Officers located the vehicle and reportedly found Benjamin Davis Fratzke, 42, of Winona, sleeping in the back of the van. Fratzke reportedly told officers that he had consumed three beers and had bumped into a vehicle. Fratzke reportedly failed a field sobriety test and provided a blood-alcohol sample at the station of .22 percent. Fratzke was charged with second-degree driving under the influence of alcohol with two previous convictions in 10 years.
Winona County Sheriff
Tuesday, May 22
• At 10:18 a.m. an adult female in Winona County reported that she had mailed a $500 check to a relative in California, who reported that he had not received it. The check was cashed at a Bank of America branch in San Francisco, Cali.
• At 5:22 p.m. an officer performed a traffic stop for a seatbelt violation on Highway 61 and 44th Avenue in Goodview. The officer reportedly noticed the odor of marijuana in the vehicle, and the driver reportedly admitted to being in possession of marijuana. A search of the vehicle revealed a number of drug-related items. Nicholas Steven Quinn, 20, of Winona was arrested and is charged with fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance, possession of more that 1.4 grams of marijuana in a motor vehicle, possession of drug paraphernalia, and a seatbelt violation
Wednesday, May 23
• At 7:35 p.m. deputies received a report of the theft of a goat from an adult female in Altura. The woman reported that one juvenile presented the goat to another juvenile, and when the two ended a relationship, the first juvenile requested the return of the goat, but the second party would not comply. Deputies recommended that the parties involved resolve the matter civilly.