The NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) Creative Writing and Local Author Fair presented by Great River Writes is back! The Winona Public Library is looking for local book authors to have a booth at the fair and/or hold a 20-minute writing workshop.
The NaNoWriMo Creative Writing and Local Author Fair presented by Great River Writes will take place on Saturday, November 3, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Winona Public Library. Authors are allowed to sell, sign, and visit with people about their books at the fair.
Author requirements and information
• Authors doing workshops must get the workshop pre-approved by the library.
• All book genre authors are invited to have a booth but space is limited. (There are only 12 available spots.)
• There are only four slots available for creative writing workshops.
• Authors must live within a one-hour radius of Winona.
• This is a free event — the library will not pay a fee to the author, and the author will not pay a fee to participate.
• Authors may come set up their area between 9 and 10 a.m. on Saturday, November 3.
• Each author will have a 2.5 by five-foot table.
• Workshop proposals can range in topic. Examples of workshops include poetry writing, memoir writing, short stories, fantasy and sci-fi writing, etc.
• Authors will not be allowed to submit a workshop proposal after 5 p.m. on Monday, October 1.
• Authors are mentioned in promotional items if applications are submitted by 5 p.m. on Monday, October 1. Authors signing up for a booth after this date will qualify under “and more” on all press releases.
To participate in the fair, please use the following link and fill out necessary information: http://tinyurl.com/WPLAuthorRoundTable. If you have any questions, please contact the reference department at the Winona Public Library at 507-452-4860.