Friday, November 2
· At 12:44 p.m. police cited Garang Kaul Maniang Deng, 22, of Rochester, Minn., with felony theft, obstruction of the legal process, fleeing officers on foot, and for providing a false name and date of birth to police after he allegedly attempted to steal $1,400 from Menards in Winona.
· At 4:15 p.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of a blue Schwinn bicycle from her property on the 150 block of Gould Street.
Saturday, November 3
· At 1:26 a.m. police cited Joseph Daniel Mikols, 22, of Winona, with disorderly conduct after he allegedly punched another man near the intersection of Fourth and Center streets. The victim did not wish to press charges.
· At 1:58 a.m. police ticketed Angelica Courtney Knutsen, 19, of Winona, Trinity Rose Knutsen, 18, of Winona, and Courtney River Korder, 19, of Red Wing, Minn., with underage consumption of alcohol near the intersection of Lake and Wilson streets.
· At 10:03 a.m. a Winona woman reported that the rear windshield of her vehicle was broken overnight on the 200 block of Chestnut Street.
· At 6:42 p.m. an adult male reported that property was stolen from his vehicle on the 350 block of West Second Street.
Sunday, November 4
· At 10:46 p.m. police charged Paul Anthony Clark Jr., 28, of Winona, with violating an order for protection after he allegedly contacted the person who holds the order by phone several times throughout the night.
· At 11:54 p.m. police charged Lynn Marie Palbicki, 53, of Winona, with fifth-degree possession of methamphetamine, fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance - alprazolam, possession of hypodermic needles, and possession of drug paraphernalia after she was stopped for having a cancelled license plate. Upon investigating the vehicle, police reportedly located 2.21 grams of methamphetamine, a pipe and two alprazolam pills, along with a syringe and an empty baggie inside a coin purse.
Monday, November 5
· At 8:21 a.m. a woman reported that sometime overnight someone stole a 20-pound propane tank from a grill at her residence on the 300 block of South Baker Street.
· At 8:23 p.m. Winona police officers and the Winona Fire Department responded to a fire at the Prairie Island spillway boat landing, where a camper trailer was burning. Firefighters extinguished the blaze, and officers searched unsuccessfully for the owner or vehicle identification information. Police said they believe the fire was set intentionally.
Winona County Sheriff
Saturday, November 3
· At 12:30 p.m. a woman from Rochester reported that her parked vehicle had been hit at the Minnesota Equestrian Center on Gilmore Valley Road. The brake light and back hutch were damaged.
· At 8:04 p.m. deputies located a one-vehicle accident on Highway 74 and County Road 10 near Saratoga. The driver, Curtis Graham Jackson, 54, of Troy, Ill., was reportedly found in a ditch on the side of the road. Jackson reported that a “critter” ran in front of his car, causing him to veer and drive off the road. Jackson reportedly showed signs of intoxication and was subsequently arrested for driving while intoxicated had a blood-alcohol content measured at .21 percent.
Winona County Attorney’s Office
Tuesday, November 5
· Prosecutors charged Logan Michael Devorak, 20, of Winona, with fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance and possession of a small amount of marijuana following a Winona Police Department investigation last month. According to the complaint, on October 3 at 12:44 a.m., a Winona officer stopped Devorak because of a broken headlight and noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. Police reported that Devorak admitted to having marijuana in the car, and during a search of the vehicle, the officer reportedly found 10.33 grams of marijuana and 0.8 grams of a substance that field-tested positive for marijuana wax.