Mark your calendars for Winona’s Annual Art Walk and Tour, a prelude to the holiday season! This year’s event will be held on Saturday, November 17, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This is your opportunity to visit local artists and artisans to learn about their work and purchase what you love. You will find great art and crafts at the following locations:
• Julie Johnston Studio, 1122 West Mark Street, featuring Julie Johnston, paintings, and Gary Flynn, wood sculptures.
• Schumaker Pottery, 676 West Fifth Street, featuring Teresa Schumaker, pottery; Dave Johnson, wood creations; Joni Lynch, pocket mittens; and Lydia Peterson, pottery.
• Gallery for a Day, Wesley United Methodist Church, 114 West Broadway, featuring Robert Calvey, wood; Julia Crozier, painting and prints; Joy Davis Ripley, photography; Joan Einsman, painting; Mary Forney, painting; Silver Studios, fine jewelry; Patsy King, painting; Kay Shaw, photography; Mary Singer, portraits; and Catherine Tuggle, painting.
• Handmade Neighborhood, Winona County History Center, 160 Johnson Street, featuring artists and artisans galore! Check out the History Center’s gift shop while you are there for more fun items.
• Tally Mark Press; 51 East Fourth Street, #207; featuring Peet Fetsch, screenprinted art.
• Yarnology, 65 East Third Street: beautiful yarns, warm socks, craft books, and good cheer!
• Jovy Rockey Jewelry, 78 East Third Street, custom made fine jewelry and fine art.
• Pieces of the Past, 79 East Second Street, handcrafted country furniture and accessories by Minnesota artisans.
• Riverbed Press, Winona Arts Center, 228 East Fifth Street, featuring Dirk Nelson, printmaking
• Mississippi Mornings Creative Studio, 40341 LaMoille Drive (off Highway 61 near Pickwick), featuring Kathy Kovala, painting
For more information, visit riverartsalliance.org or go to Winona Art Walk’s Facebook page.