Wednesday, January 30
• At 1:28 a.m. police responded to a burglar alarm at the Affinity Bank, where they located two people inside. The individuals claimed they entered the building to get warm. Affinity Bank and police are reviewing security footage.
• At 7:56 p.m. police arrested Nathan Allen Ackman, 35, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of making terroristic threats, felony domestic assault by strangulation, domestic assault causing fear, domestic assault causing harm and assault with a dangerous weapon after Ackman allegedly got in an argument with a woman on the 1000 block of East Eighth Street, threatened her with a knife and choked her. According to police, Ackman has an outstanding warrant for his arrest for possession of stolen property.
Thursday, January 31
• At 12:58 a.m. police arrested Joseph M. Miller, 31, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of fourth-degree driving while intoxicated after police stopped him for reportedly having a white light on the rear of his vehicle on Broadway and Ewing Street. Miller had a reported blood-alcohol content measured at .09 percent.
• At 11:23 a.m. the owner of the Whistle Clean laundromat on Huff Street reported damage to several washers and dryers overnight. Police are currently investigating and examining security footage.
• At 3:55 p.m. an employee from the Winona Public Library reported graffiti damage in the men’s bathroom.