Friday, July 5
• At 4:41 p.m. police responded to a report of two dogs locked in a hot car in the Dollar Tree parking lot on the 1400 block of West Service Drive. Officers reportedly located the owner of the vehicle, Efrain Joel Frejo, 40, of Winona, who allegedly gave the officer the name and date of birth of his son. He was arrested and referred to the county attorney for a potential charge of gross-misdemeanor giving a false name and date of birth to a police officer. The dogs were reportedly given to a family member.
Saturday, July 6
• At 1:33 a.m. police arrested Abigail Grace Schmoker, 18, of Kellogg, Minn., and referred her to the county attorney for a potential charge of fifth-degree driving while intoxicated after she was stopped for reportedly running a red light near the intersection of 10th and Main streets. She reportedly had a blood-alcohol content measured at .15 percent.
• At 5:48 a.m. a Winona man reported that someone had damaged his vehicle by what appeared to be BB gun pellets on the 1050 block of West Fifth Street.
• At 12:23 p.m. a resident on the 1400 block of West Fifth Street reported that someone had vandalized their vehicle by breaking eggs on the side.
• At 12:50 p.m. a resident on the 1300 block of West Fifth Street reported that someone had vandalized their vehicle by breaking eggs on the side.
• At 1:03 p.m. a resident on the 1400 block of West Broadway reported that someone had vandalized their vehicle by breaking eggs on the side.
• At 8:33 p.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of a rusty pink cruiser bicycle from the 900 block of West Lake Boulevard.
Sunday, July 7
• At 10:25 a.m. a Winona woman reported that someone had broken the driver’s side window of her car overnight on the 1750 block of West Seventh Street. Nothing appeared to have been stolen.
• At 1:34 p.m. a Winona man reported the theft of a wallet that was on a lawn chair on the 950 block of East Eighth Street. The wallet was stolen sometime in the afternoon on July 6.
• At 2:54 p.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of a brown leather purse from the 150 block of West Fifth Street. The purse reportedly contained a cell phone, ID, miscellaneous cards, and $200 in cash.
Monday, July 8
• At 11:19 a.m. a Winona City Hall employee reported that someone had toppled two smaller trees in front of City Hall on the 200 block of Lafayette Street.
• At 4:43 p.m. police responded to a report of a fight near the intersection of Galewski Drive and Theurer Boulevard. At the scene, police found two men who had reportedly been drinking. Police subsequently cited Joshua David Doerr, 20, of Winona, and Colton Joseph Majerus, 18, of Rushford, with underage consumption of alcohol. Doerr reportedly had a blood-alcohol content measured at .22 percent, and Majerus reportedly had a blood-alcohol content measured at .14 percent.
• At 8:05 p.m. police cited Sandra Lee Lines, 73, of Winona, with intent to escape motor-vehicle tax after she was stopped for having expired tabs near the intersection of Washington and Second streets. According to the report, the tabs were taped on to the license plate and were reportedly taken from a different vehicle.
Tuesday, July 9
• At 6:17 a.m. a Winona woman reported that someone had broken the driver’s side window of her van on the 1600 block of Kramer Drive. Nothing appeared to have been stolen.
Winona County Sheriff
Saturday, July 6
• At 10:19 p.m. deputies arrested Aric Evan Edstrom, 37, of Altura, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of fifth-degree domestic assault causing harm and fifth-degree domestic assault causing fear after he allegedly assaulted two 18-year-old boys on First Avenue Southeast in Altura.
Sunday, July 7
• At 3:21 a.m. deputies responded to a fire at the Rollingstone City Park playground in Rollingstone. A tube on the playground had caught fire and melted the middle of the tube. The cause of the fire is unknown.
• At 8:44 p.m. deputies arrested a 23-year-old Dakota man on suspicion of driving while intoxicated after officers responded to a single-car rollover crash on County Road 3. Charges are pending the results of a blood test.