Friday, August 30
• At 1:43 p.m. police arrested Michael Joseph Anderson, 64, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of gross-misdemeanor violation of a harassment-restraining order on the 1400 block of West Fourth Street after he was allegedly seen biking past the residence of the person who holds the order.
• At 11:39 p.m. police ticketed Noah Isaac Gartner, 19, of Johnson Creek, Wis., and Matthias William Winters, 19, of Watertown, Wis., with public consumption of alcohol near the intersection of Eighth and Wilson streets.
• At 11:46 p.m. police cited Cole Michael Anderson, 22, of Wisconsin Rapids, Wis., with disorderly conduct after he allegedly attempted to pick a fight with someone at the intersection of Third and Center streets.
Saturday, August 31
• At 3:40 p.m. police cited Indiana Alice Burt, 29, of Altura, with theft by shoplifting at Walmart.
• At 11:25 p.m. police arrested Kevin James Fisher, 53, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of fifth-degree domestic assault causing fear, fifth-degree domestic assault causing harm and obstructing the legal process after he allegedly shoved a woman by the shoulders, knocking her backwards, and threatened to physically assault her on the 550 block of East Seventh Street.
Sunday, September 1
• At 9:09 p.m. Andrew Curtis Montgomery, 21, of Winona, was cited with fleeing police on foot on the 1750 block of Kraemer Drive after he allegedly ran when an officer approached him about an outstanding warrant.
Monday, September 2
• At 12:30 a.m. a Winona woman reported a burglary on the 400 block of Lafayette Street after she reportedly found a person in her house she thought was there to see her friend. The man left, and the woman reportedly noticed several items were missing including a billfold, change, keys and other miscellaneous items.
• At 1:15 a.m. police arrested Alexandra Marie Vierling, 21, of Winona, and referred her to the county attorney for a potential charge of third-degree driving while intoxicated after she was stopped near the intersection of Second and Huff streets for allegedly driving erratically. She reportedly had a blood-alcohol content measured at .27 percent.
• At 1:16 a.m. police cited Marylee June Katula, 29, of Winona, with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a small amount of marijuana after she was stopped on Laird Street and Broadway for allegedly having a loud muffler.
• At 10:37 a.m. police ticketed Levi Dean Fairbanks, 27, of Detroit Lakes, Minn., with possession of a small amount of marijuana after he was stopped on ighways 61 and 43 following reports of an intoxicated driver in the area.
Winona County Sheriff
Sunday, September 1
• At 8:37 p.m. a 67-year-old Lewiston man reportedly struck a squad car on County Road 120 near Farmers Park in Hillsdale tTownship. The man was reportedly having a medical episode, and police did not pursue charges.
• At 10:46 p.m. Juan Alberto Gonzales, 47, of Willmar, Minn., was arrested and referred to the county attorney for a potential charge of third-degree driving while intoxicated after he was stopped for allegedly failing to maintain his lane of traffic near the intersection of County Road 32 and Martina Road in Minnesota City. He reportedly had a blood-alcohol content measured at .10 percent. A passenger in the vehicle, Nelvin Esteban Guerrera Monzon, 25, of Altura, was cited with giving police a false name and date of birth.
Monday, September 2
• At 11:35 p.m. Cristina Anne Wevley, 39, of Rochester, Minn., was referred to the county attorney for a potential charge of fourth-degree driving while intoxicated after she was allegedly found asleep in her vehicle on the side of the road near the intersection of Highway 43 and I-90. She reportedly had a blood-alcohol level measured at .07 percent.
• At 11:49 p.m. a Stockton man reported a burglary in progress at a residence on Spring Stream Road in Stockton. The suspect was reportedly seen inside a detached garage, and fled before officers arrived. A small air compressor, several gas canisters and a battery were reportedly stolen from the residence.
Winona County Attorney
Tuesday, September 2
• Steven Reyburn Thurston, 37, of Winona, was charged with theft after he allegedly stole a motorized scooter with a value of $2,300 from Target on August 5.