Southeast Minnesota’s Tour de Forage joins forces with Minnesota Milk Dairy Expo
Techniques for producing good quality, high-yielding alfalfa for the dairy market will be one of many presentations made at the December 4 Midwest Forage Association (MFA) Tour de Forage meeting, held with the Minnesota Milk Dairy Conference & Expo at Treasure Island Resort & Casino. Dan Undersander, agronomist and professor emeritus of the University of Wisconsin, will discuss “New Ideas for Your Alfalfa Management” covering a host of topics related to alfalfa production.
“There are very few within the industry with more experience in alfalfa and forages than Dan Undersander,” said Beth Nelson, MFA president. “We are fortunate he’s able to join us to share his expertise.” Dr. Undersander has nearly 50 years of experience as a forage specialist and retired from the University of Wisconsin where he specialized in forage production, forage harvesting (hay, haylage, and baleage), forage analysis, and grazing.
MFA is excited to be hosting this meeting in collaboration with the Southeast Minnesota Forage Council and the Minnesota Milk Dairy Expo. Tour de Forage presentations include:
• Cows, Corn, Cover Crops: Compatible or Collusion? Ed McNamara, McNamara Acres
• Manure Management in Cover Crops & Side-Dressing Corn, Melissa Wilson, University of Minnesota
• Research & Policy Accomplishments of MFA/NAFA, Chelsea Russell, Midwest Forage Association
• New Ideas for Your Alfalfa Management, Dan Undersander, University of Wisconsin professor emeritus
• Cover Crops & How They Affect Animal Performance, Eric Mousel, UM-Ext
• Baleage – Quality, Economics, & Harvest Loss, Eric Mousel, UM-Ext., Grand Rapids
• Growing & Feeding Forage Sorghums, Matt Akins, UW, Marshfield
Attendees are also able to attend any of the other sessions held at the Minnesota Milk Dairy Expo on December 4. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn more about forages, network with industry professionals, and have your forage-related questions answered. Lunch and a copy of the series proceedings are included with registration. To preregister, please visit www.midwestforage.org or contact MFA at 651-484-3888