Tuesday, December 31
• At 1:31 p.m. a Winhaven Court Apartments employee reported that at some point on December 21 someone damaged a surveillance camera at the apartments.
Wednesday, January 1
• At 8:40 p.m. a man reported that a door was kicked in, a glass was knocked over and a blanket was moved at a residence on the 300 block of Winona Street. According to the report, nothing was missing.
• At 9:35 p.m. an individual reported that they found the glass of an entry door of a residence broken on the 300 block of Washington Street. According to the report, nothing was missing.
• At 11:20 p.m. officers arrested Sharee Michelle Nelson, 53, of Winona, and referred her to the county attorney for a potential charge of gross-misdemeanor driving while intoxicated. According to the report, officers observed a vehicle driven by Nelson swerving and driving on the shoulder near Highway 61 and Huff Street. After pulling over Nelson, officers reportedly noticed that she showed signs of intoxication. A breath test reportedly measured her blood-alcohol content at 0.15 percent.
Thursday, January 2
• At 12:51 a.m. officers arrested Kenneth Earl Rupert, 30, of Gulfport, Mo., on an existing warrant after stopping him for reportedly failing to dim his headlights near Kraemer Drive and Druey Court. According to the report, Rupert initially gave a false name and date of birth after officers pulled him over.
• At 7:26 a.m. a woman reported that someone used her debit card to withdraw cash on the 400 block of East Seventh Street.
• At 11:27 a.m. a Riverland Auctions staff member reported that between the evening of December 30 and the time of making the report someone broke out a window on the back of the company’s building on the 300 block of West Third Street, went through a desk and file cabinet, and stole petty cash and money from a cash register.
• At 11:34 p.m. officers arrested Seth Alexander Niemi, 19, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of misdemeanor domestic assault causing fear and misdemeanor domestic assault causing harm. Niemi reportedly squeezed a 19-year-old woman’s neck for several seconds after they wrestled over Niemi’s phone on the 1500 block of West Fifth Street.
Friday, January 3
• At 1:47 a.m. officers arrested Caily Desarae Reps, 21, of Fountain City, and referred her to the county attorney for a potential charge of gross-misdemeanor driving while intoxicated. Officers reportedly stopped Reps for driving without headlights on near Ninth and Liberty streets and observed that she showed signs of intoxication. A breath test reportedly measured her blood-alcohol content at 0.17 percent.
Tuesday, December 31
• At 8:05 a.m. a La Crescent woman reported that her mailbox had been struck by an unknown vehicle on Burns Valley Road overnight.