MiEnergy Cooperative awarded $30,000 in scholarships to 60 local high school students who exemplify commitment to their local community. MiEnergy’s scholarship program reflects the core cooperative principle of commitment to community by recognizing high school seniors who demonstrate cooperative spirit through service to others. The scholarships are funded through unclaimed capital credits that would otherwise be turned over the state. A video of the award winners can be viewed on the cooperative’s website, MiEnergy.coop, and its social media pages. Local scholarship winners include:
• Cotter: Samuel King, child of Michelle Blahnik.
• La Crescent-Hokah: Sidney Miller, child of Tammy and Rodney Miller; and Ryan Booth, child of David and Teri Booth.
• Lewiston-Altura: Sam Ellinghuysen, child of Scott and Sue Ellinghuysen; Ross Herber, child of Scott and Michelle Herber; Makenna Sommer, child of Chad and Sarah Sommer; Jeanette Speltz, child of Michele and Rick Speltz; Jay Koverman, child of Nick and Jenny Koverman; and Kate Meyer, child of John and Connie Meyer.
• Rushford-Peterson: Seth Heiden, child of Dean Heiden and Melissa Fahrendholz; Karissa Eide, child of Trever and Kendra Eide; and Tim Highum, child of Steve and Jody Highum.
• St. Charles: Carter Mueller, child of DJ and Carrie Mueller; Logan Wendt, child of Steve and Kathy Wendt; and Cody Kreidermacher, child of Joe and Melanie Kreidermacher.
• Utica: Ursula Weissing, child of Marilyn and David Weissing.
• Winona: Jack Herczeg, child of Bob and Andrea Herczeg; and Keaton Reutzel, child of Kevin and Heather Reutzel.