From: Lynette Palecek
In the book of Genesis in the Holy Bible, God created man (Adam) and woman (Eve). Read Genesis 2:7 and 21-23. He breathed life into man and man became a living soul (Genesis 2:7). The “soul” is not just a physical person. The soul is the “I am” part of a person. You can’t see it. It is the part of you that makes you, you. God made woman out of man. He created her with a soul, too.
God told Adam not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If he did, he would die. Adam and Eve ate of that tree (Genesis 3:6). They both died. Sin entered the world. Sin is disobeying God. Everyone is born a sinner (Romans 3:10, 23). Since there is no sin in Heaven, then we all need to be saved to go to Heaven. Read John chapter 3. Here are the steps to getting saved:
1. Admit that you are a sinner. The Bible makes it clear that we are all sinners (Romans 3:10, 23, and 5:12).
2. Repent, which means to be truly sorry for the sins that you committed.
3. Ask God to forgive you for your sins.
4. Believe both mentally and in your heart that Jesus Christ is the begotten Son of God. “Believe in your heart” means that there’s not a shred of doubt in your mind at all. “Begotten” means that Mary was a virgin when she became pregnant with Jesus Christ. Read Matthew 1:18-25 and Luke 1:27-35.
5. Believe mentally and in your heart in the Trinity. The Trinity is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost: three in one. Read Matthew 28:19, John 1:1 and 10:30, and first John 5:7. Believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He is God.
6. Believe in your heart that Jesus Christ led a sinless life while He was on Earth. He never sinned in thought and deed because He is God. Read John 1:14.
7. Believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins and He rose from the dead. Read Matthew 27:35-51 and 28:1-7; Mark 15:1-38 and 16:1-6; Luke 23:34-46 and 24:1-9; John 3:16-17, 19:13-42, and 20:1-17; and Romans 5:8 and 10:9, 13.
8. Earnestly ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart as your personal Lord and Savior. Read John 20:31 and Romans 10:9, 13.
What to do after you’re saved will be in part two.