Ray Burt clenched his third win of the Centerville Curling Club Fun Spiel by winning this year’s Plaid Pants Spiel. In a very close game that ended in a tie, Ray’s grandson, Michael, has to draw to the spit (center of the target) to win the final match. Ray is 86 and helps out with just about everything at the Curling Club and at many other places in the community. Bonspiel results were as follows:
• First in first, Ray Burt, Michael Burt, Joshua Richard and Jadan Ishler.
• Second in first, Team Superfarmers: Bob Hammond, Denny Schlesser, Jens Nash and Jill Nash.
• First in second event, Todd/Laura Roessler, Lynita Delaney/Taylor, Ava and Will Roessler.
• Second in second event, Aaron and Amanda Ziegler, Erin Hovell, and Jenesca Miller.
• First in third event, Jamie Harper, James Marek, Sean Duffy, and Matt Marek.
• First in fourth event, Ian Hofland, Andrew Zittlow, Reilly Sullivan, and Ryan Zittlow.
Val Wood has been chairperson of this bonspiel for years and each year she comes up with an unusual theme that is usually reflected in clothing. This year was the plaid pants spiel. At $10 a person this is a great value and new curlers often use this as their first curling experience. The Fun Spiel is an open spiel for any combination of players of either sex or experience level held the first weekend in March. For more curling information visit centervillecurlingclub.com.