• The March Jazz Jam at Island City is canceled.
• The Bluff Country Chapter of the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association is postponing the banquet that was scheduled for March 21, 2020, and rescheduling it for August 22, 2020. All ticket packages will be held for the new date. Please hold onto your ticket for the banquet. Feel free to contact Jim Panek at 507-643-6591 or Ryan Johnson at 507-458-9450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding the postponement.
• The Winona Family YMCA has made the heartbreaking decision to suspend all events, programming, and general operations effective on Tuesday, March 17, at 5 p.m.
• All local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service starting on Tuesday, March 17, 2020. This decision protects older Americans and people with underlying medical conditions, as well as employees during the coronavirus pandemic.
However, critical services will still be provided. Online services remain available at www.socialsecurity.gov. Local offices will also continue to provide critical services over the phone.
• The difficult decision has been made to postpone Mid West Music Fest, scheduled for May 1-2 in Winona. Options for rescheduling the event are being explored. Updates will be shared via midwestmusicfest.org, social media, and e-news.
• Hurry Back Productions has begun the process of rescheduling the March 21 and March 27 performances, with dates tentatively postponed until June or July. All tickets will be honored for the rescheduled dates. Reserved seats will stay reserved. After a new date is determined, Hurry Back Productions will refund orders for tickets if you are unable to attend the event.
Hurry Back Productions anticipates similar action will need to be taken for April 18 and May 9 events. Those performances will be addressed closer to the end of March.
• The Garage Cowork Space is temporarily a members-only space. Doors will be locked around the clock and those with 24/7 access will still have access to the space. There will not necessarily be a staff person in the space at all operating hours. Whether someone is present or not, the door will remain locked. The Garage has indefinitely postponed all March events and will update as new plans are made. As of right now all April events are still planned to move forward as planned but updates will be provided to these events as April draws closer.
• The following Winona Health community events have been canceled: All About Baby; Senior Living at Watkins Open House and Free Music Monday on Monday, March 16; and the traveling exhibit to educate community members about colon cancer screening on Wednesday, March 18.
The following events are postponed until further notice: hands-only CPR, AED and choking emergencies workshops on Saturday, March 21; Senior Living at Watkins Open House and Free Music Monday on Monday, March 23; National Nutrition Month food demo on Wednesday, March 25; National Nutrition Month: Winona Health staff’s Souperbowl Competition on Wednesday, March 25; Senior Living at Watkins Open House and Free Music Monday on Monday, March 30.
• The Minnesota DFL Party Executive Committee made the decision to cancel all local conventions and proceed with the endorsement and resolutions process via an online balloting system. This decision was made to ensure all DFL Party events are in compliance with advice from public health officials to cease small group gatherings. No decision has yet been made regarding the Minnesota DFL state convention.
• Minnesota State College Southeast extended spring break by two weeks through March 29, with instruction to resume on Monday, March 30. The following public events have been canceled:
March 24: Transportation Career Night
April 9: Spring open house
May 15: Commencement ceremony
• The Winona County History Center will be closed to the public from March 18-27. Updates are posted on winonahistory.org as they become available. Online opportunities will be posted to connect with local history while the museum is closed to the public. Staff remains available through phone or email.
• The previously advertised Theology Uncorked event of March 26 has been canceled. Stay tuned for future updates.