The Winona Steamboat Days Festival Association is excited to invite all Winona Area School District 861 students to participate in the 2021 Steamboat Days button design contest.
Visa gift cards will be given in addition to the other prizes listed below: for first place, $200, for second, $100, and for third, $50.
The first place winner will also receive a plaque with their winning design, a ride in the Steamboat Days Grande Parade, personalized button to wear during Steamboat Days, T-shirt with their design on it, glasses, and carnival armbands for the family (maximum of five). In addition to the gift cards, the second place will receive four carnival armbands, and the third place will receive two carnival armbands. In addition, the first place student’s art class will receive a box of Bloedow’s donuts for the celebration.
All entries must meet the criteria listed below, and must be submitted by Thursday, February 11.
Button design criteria:
• Button design must be round,
• Maximum three colors, not including background,
• Date of the celebration must be on the button (June 16-20, 2021),
• “Winona Steamboat Days” and “74th Annual” must be on the button,
• Button must contain at least one of the following: a steamboat, carnival/ferris wheel, fireworks, or paddlewheel,
• Designs must be submitted on an 8.5-by-11 sheet of white paper with the design in color,
• On the back of the design, we ask that the student include: first and last name, school, grade, parent’s name, and home phone number,
• Open to fifth through 12th grade Winona-area students only,
• All entries become property of the Winona Steamboat Days Festival Association.
Please mail designs to Winona Steamboat Days, PO Box 745, Winona, MN, 55987; drop off to Monica Hennessy Mohan, Steamboat Days Button Chair at the Winona City Clerk’s Office at city hall; or to Pam Simon at Leighton Broadcasting Studios at 752 Bluffview Circle in Winona.
Steamboat Days 2021 is June 16-20, 2021.