November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). The Winona Public Library has several one-day only activities to celebrate the month during the NaNoWriMo Local Author Fair & Creative Writing Workshop.
The NaNoWriMo Local Author Fair & Creative Writing Workshop is on Saturday, November 4, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Winona Public Library.
First, stop by one of many local author booths. Visit with one of the following authors and learn about their writing styles: Terri Karsten, Janice Kirk, Ken McCullough, Ellen McDonah, Kathleen Kenney Peterson, Paul Schaefer, Andy Schoepp, Kent Stever, and Kathryn Sullivan.
Then attend one of the many creative writing workshops. The schedule is as follows:
• 10:10 a.m.: Listening to Your Characters While You Write (Bell Art Room)
• 10:30 a.m.: Creating Fantasy or Science Fiction Characters (Story Time Room)
• 10:55 a.m.: Nature Writing (Bell Art Room)
• 11:05 a.m.: What Every Story Needs (Story Time Room)
• 11:55 a.m.: How to Get Published (Bell Art Room)
• 12:05 p.m.: How to Find Creativity and Inspiration (Story Time Room)
• 12:40 p.m.: Memoir Writing (Bell Art Room)
Finally, for those participating in NaNoWriMo (www.nanowrimo.org), stop by the Write-In and visit with other WriMos about their novels and thoughts on your book.
The NaNoWriMo Local Author Fair & Creative Writing Workshop is part of Great River Writes, a partnership between La Crosse and Winona organizations. For more information on Great River Writes, visit lacrosselibrary.org/greatriverwrites.