Tuesday, December 22
• At 2:48 p.m. officers took Brandon Lee Howell, 20, of Winona, into custody for check forgery after he allegedly attempted to deposit a check for $400 at Winona National Bank.
• At 6:23 p.m. an adult male reported three cellphones, total valued at $800, stolen from a car at St. Mary’s University.
• At 6:41 p.m. officers took Austin Michael Rieks, 31, of Chippewa Falls, Wis., into custody for second-degree possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine), fleeing police officers on foot, obstructing the legal process, possession of drug paraphernalia, and theft by shoplifting. Employees at Fleet Farm reported that Rieks had taken the tags off a shirt. Officers said that they found five grams of methamphetamine when they apprehended Rieks along with a pipe and several baggies.
• At 10:49 p.m. Dylan John Michael Distad, 22, of Winona, was taken into custody for trespassing, disorderly conduct, and criminal damage to property after officers were called to a residence on the 1700 block of West Seventh Street on a report that someone had entered the residence. The door had been kicked in and there was a shoe print left behind, officers observed. Officers later matched the shoe print to Distad’s shoes.
• At 11:01 p.m. officers cited Ernest Marques Cummings, 28, of Winona, for fleeing police officers on foot and possession of a small amount of marijuana after he allegedly ran from officers on Seventh Street and Druey Court.
Wednesday, December 23
• At 4:15 a.m. an adult female reported the theft of bike tires valued at $200 from the 900 block of West Fifth Street.