Improving your health is a gift to yourself — and your family. Winona Health’s next smoking cessation program is free and it begins Thursday, January 7.
This free program includes four sessions meeting Thursday evenings from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Parkview Conference Room on the first floor of the hospital at Winona Health, 855 Mankato Avenue.
“Quitting smoking can be the number-one best thing people can do for their health,” said Lynn Sprain MS, RT, RCEP, program facilitator. “Quitting isn’t easy, but it can be done and there is no doubt that it’s worth it, and we’re here to help.”
Winona Health’s smoking cessation program will:
• Help individuals recognize and understand their reasons for smoking;
• Cover the variety of benefits to quitting;
• Provide ways to handle physical and emotional withdrawal symptoms;
• Share tips and techniques for becoming and remaining smoke free; and
• Provide a supportive atmosphere for you to ask questions and get helpful information.
“Quitting can be such a relief,” said Sprain. “Relief from worrying about your health, relief from the feeling of dependency on cigarettes — and relief from the high cost of smoking.”
This four-session program is free. RSVP is appreciated, but walk-ins the first night of the program will be welcome as space permits. For more information or to sign up in advance, call Lynn Sprain at 507-474-3324.