Dog dies in Minn. City fire


(12/27/2016)

by LAURA HAYES

 

A dog died in a garage fire late Tuesday night.

On December 20, at 11:39 p.m., Winona County deputies, Minnesota City firefighters, and other law enforcement officers responded to a report of a garage fire at a Minnesota City residence on Iowa Street. Winona County Sheriff Ron Ganrude said that Logan Michael Keeling, 19, lived in the garage, and when he came home, he found the garage on fire. Ganrude said that Keeling woke his family who lived in the house and was able to get everyone out without any injury. Keeling’s dog, however, died in the fire.

Ganrude said that they had been having trouble with a propane heater. While the garage was destroyed, Ganrude said that the house sustained heat and smoke damage outside and minimal damage inside. 

 

Search Archives




Our online forms will help you through the process. Just fill in the fields with your information.

Any troubles, give us a call.