Tuesday, May 23
• The Winona County Attorney’s Office filed charges of assault in the third degree, domestic assault by strangulation, and domestic assault causing fear and harm against Jason Aaron Kapustik, 34, of Goodview. On February 2 and 3, Kapustik allegedly pinned an adult female to a bed and punched and kicked her, and choked her with a pillow case.
• At 10:43 a.m. officers cited Craig Robert Neyers, 43, of Winona, with theft after he allegedly drove away from Kwik Trip on Highway 61 and Highway 43 without paying for his gas.
• At 3:05 p.m. officers arrested Skylor Steven Hanson, 20, of Winona, for violating the terms of an order for protection after he was allegedly in a vehicle on Riverview Drive and Prairie Island Road with the person who holds the order.
• At 11:48 p.m. an adult male reported that the driver’s side window of his vehicle was broken while it was parked at the Winona 7 Theatre.
Wednesday, May 24
• At 12:09 a.m. officers cited Tywan Terell Clark, 25, of Winona, with fourth-degree driving while intoxicated and driving after suspension following a traffic stop on Fifth and Pelzer streets. His blood-alcohol content was reported at .09 percent.
• At 10 a.m. an adult male reported that someone slashed his vehicle’s tires while it was parked on the 500 block of Hamilton Street.
• At 11:35 a.m. officers cited Craig Robert Neyers, 43, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting at Menards.
• At 11:41 a.m. an employee at Kwik Trip on Fifth Street reported that the store received a counterfeit $100 bill.
• At 7:16 p.m. an adult female reported the theft of her purse from a residence on the 300 block of Mankato Avenue. It was later recovered behind W-K Elementary School.
• At 7:33 p.m. an adult male reported the theft of a wrench and pair of pliers from a garage on the 600 block of West Fourth Street.
Thursday, May 25
• At 1:28 a.m. officers cited Mitchel Lawrence Turner, 19, of Winona, with underage consumption of alcohol on the 400 block of Huff Street.
• At 8:50 a.m. a construction worker at Wabasha Hall reported the theft of a Husqvarna chop saw with a value of $1,000 and a M-D paddle mixer with a value of $100 from a construction trailer.
• At 3:35 p.m. officers took Tara Nicole Stevens, 29, of Winona, into custody on a warrant and cited her with theft by shoplifting at Wal-Mart after she allegedly stole merchandise with a total value of $102.19 from the store.
Friday, May 26
• At 3:20 a.m. a Domino’s employee reported that someone paid for a pizza using a counterfeit $50 bill.
Thursday, May 25
• At 6 p.m. deputies took Matthew Ryan Nguyen, 32, of Winona, into custody for driving after cancelation inimical to public safety, possession of counterfeit currency, and possession of drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop on Highway 43 near Wilson. On his person, deputies allegedly found 11 counterfeit $100 bills.
Friday, May 26
• At 1:16 a.m. deputies took Amanda Kay Fast, 33, of Stockton, into custody for the suspicion of driving under the influence of a controlled substance, driving after cancelation inimical to public safety, and providing a false name and date of birth to officers following a report of a car accident on Highway 14. Fast allegedly denied driving the vehicle at first. According to deputies, Fast later said that she lost control of the vehicle, reportedly blinded by another vehicle’s bright lights, and crashed into a guard rail. A search warrant was executed for a sample of her blood.
• At 7:38 a.m. an adult male reported damage to his yard in Stockton.