Monday, Feb. 5
• At 11:27 p.m. officers responded to a call from a female minor who requested medical attention at the Kwik Trip on Broadway and Mankato Avenue. On arrival, the girl reportedly claimed to have taken prescription medication not prescribed to her. Officers located Bruce Hunter McColl, 20, of Winona, on the 600 block of East Fifth Street, who reportedly admitted giving the girl three pills, and turned over the medication to the police. McColl also reportedly admitted to possession of other narcotics, and admitted to giving the minor alcohol and consuming some himself. McColl was charged with fourth-degree sale of a controlled substance to a minor, aiding attempted suicide, fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance — alprazolam, fifth-degree possession of LSD, fifth-degree possession of marijuana, and minor consumption of alcohol.
Tuesday, Feb. 6
• At 12:49 p.m. an adult female reported the tabs were taken off her license plates on the 1300 block of Innovation Drive.
• The Winona County Attorney’s Office filed charges of gross misdemeanor theft against Richard Sheldon Hulburt, 24, of Holmen, Wis., after he was allegedly captured on surveillance cameras taking merchandise with a value of $819.57 from Wal-Mart on three separate occasions since September 2017.
• The Winona County Attorney’s Office filed charges of giving a false name and date of birth to officers against Eugene Rasheed Brooks, 28, of Winona, after he reportedly gave officers his brother’s drivers license after a traffic stop on Kraemer Drive and Druey Court.
Wednesday, Feb. 7
• At 1:28 a.m. officers arrested a 40-year-old Cochrane woman on the suspicion of driving under the influence of a controlled substance after a traffic stop on Franklin and Second streets. A warrant was signed for a blood test and officers are awaiting the results of the blood test for possible charges.
• At 8:23 a.m. an adult female reported a computer charger stolen from a common area of a dorm on the 250 block of West Ninth Street.
• At 12:21 p.m. officers on the 700 block of West Fifth Street took Matthew Ryan Nguyen, 33, of Winona, into custody for gross misdemeanor violation of an order of protection with prior violations.
• At 2:41 p.m. an adult male reported the theft of multiple tools from a garage on the 600 block of Dacota Street. A list of the missing tools and their value is being compiled.
• At 11:38 p.m. officers at Fifth and Hilbert streets took Antonio Gale Shorter, 44, of Winona, into custody for gross misdemeanor driving after cancellation inimical to public safety.
Thursday, Feb. 8
• At 12:34 p.m. an adult female reported the theft of a two-wheeled cart estimated to be worth $200 from a garage on the 350 block of West Seventh Street.
• At 2:26 p.m. officers ticketed Danielle Louise Coey, 40, of Cochrane, Wis. for theft by shoplifting at Wal-Mart.
• At 4:45 p.m. officers responded to the 350 block of Hamilton Street on a report of damaged siding. An adult male reported that the siding of his house was damaged by marbles fired from a slingshot or wrist rocket.
Friday, Feb. 9
• At 12:51 a.m. officers stopped a vehicle driven by Megan Mary Ische, 22, of Victoria, Minn., for driving without headlights, and arrested her for third-degree driving while intoxicated at Third and Center streets. Her blood-alcohol content was measured at .17 percent.
Winona County Sheriff
Wednesday, Feb. 7
• At 3:50 a.m. deputies assisted Dakota First Responders, Nodine First Responders and Tri-State Ambulance at the scene of a one-car accident at County Road 12 in Dakota. The driver of the vehicle, an adult male, was transported by ambulance for the treatment of his injuries.
Thursday, Feb. 8
• At 5:44 p.m. deputies made a traffic stop at the Kwik Trip on Fifth Street for a vehicle with no front license plate, and recognized that the passenger had an outstanding warrant. During a search of the vehicle officers reportedly located a container of a substance that field-tested positive for methamphetamine, two alprazolam pills, a container with trace amounts of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, a set of brass knuckles, credit cards and identification not owned by either party, and multiple items from Menard’s in the trunk which had been purchased with the cards. Deputies arrested Bridget Nicole Chick, 31, of Winona, for fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance, third-degree possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a dangerous weapon, driving without proof of insurance, and possession of stolen property. Devon Carlton Zenk, 27, of Minnesota City, was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
• At 11:29 p.m. deputies arrested Harold David Short, 65, of Winona, for misdemeanor domestic assault causing fear and interfering with a 911 call after arriving at a residence on Main Street in Rollingstone. An adult female claims that Short verbally harassed her throughout the day and shoved her. When she attempted to call 911, Short allegedly unplugged the phone. Short left the premises on foot and was reportedly located by deputies in the woods.