Free program for those interested in kicking the smoking habit begins April 5
Winona Health’s next smoking cessation program begins on Thursday, April 5, 2018. The program will be on Thursday evenings from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Parkview Conference Room on the first floor of the hospital at Winona Health, 855 Mankato Avenue.
“Quitting smoking can be the number-one best thing people can do for their health,” said Lynn Sprain MS, RT, RCEP, program facilitator. “We know that quitting isn’t easy, but it can be done and there is no doubt that it’s worth it. We’re here to help.”
Winona Health’s smoking cessation program will:
• Help individuals recognize and understand their reasons for smoking.
• Cover the variety of benefits to quitting.
• Provide ways to handle physical and emotional withdrawal symptoms.
• Share tips and techniques for becoming and remaining smoke free.
• Provide a supportive atmosphere for you to ask questions and get helpful information.
This four-session program is free. RSVP is appreciated, but walk-in attendees the first night of the program will be welcome as space permits. Those who have taken the program before but would like to take it again are welcome. For more information or to sign up in advance, call Lynn Sprain at 507-474-3324.