Saturday, February 10
• At 12:52 p.m. police received multiple complaints of poor driving and initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle at the 900 block of Mankato Avenue. The driver reportedly admitted to consuming alcohol. Jeffery Barrett Schwein, 32, of Edina, Minn., reportedly showed signs of intoxication and was arrested for second-degree driving while impaired and second-degree driving while intoxicated with a prior alcohol-related loss of license. His blood-alcohol content was measured at .27 percent.
Friday, March 2
• At 2:15 a.m. an officer responded to a report of a vehicle stuck on the train tracks on the 55 block of Franklin Street. Upon arrival the officer could not locate the vehicle but found one matching its description parked at a nearby Kwik Trip. The officer ran the vehicle’s license and learned the owner’s license had been revoked. The driver reportedly showed signs of intoxication and Nathan Andrew Johnson, 22, of Albert Lea, Minn., was arrested for third-degree driving while impaired and third-degree driving while impaired with a prior alcohol-related loss of license. His blood-alcohol content was measured at .11 percent.
Friday, March 23
• At 9:14 a.m. police received a call from a woman reporting that her garage had been entered during the night and 100 CDs had been removed.
• At 4:25 p.m. officers at Wal-Mart cited Christopher Anthony Leahner, 63, of Winona, with theft by swindle after he reportedly returned items from the sales floor at the service counter.
• At 4:25 p.m. officers at Wal-Mart cited Benjamin Marcus Wiese, 29, of La Crescent, Minn., with theft by swindle after he reportedly returned items from the sales floor at the service counter.
• At 4:35 p.m. police received a call from a man who reported two fraudulent checks totaling approximately $2,100 were cashed from his account through Wal-Mart and Midtown Foods.
• At 5:53 p.m. a woman at the 700 block of West Broadway reported what appeared to be small-caliber bullet holes in her fence, and the exteriors of her garage and house.
• At 6:04 p.m. a woman on the 450 block of Harriet Street reported that the rear window of her vehicle, which had been parked overnight on the street, had been smashed.
Saturday, March 24
At 12:14 a.m. police at Sarnia and Harriet streets ticketed Mitchell James McNally, 18, of Winona, for underage driving while intoxicated and underage consumption of alcohol, and ticketed a juvenile male, 15, of Wilson, Minn., with underage consumption of alcohol.
• At 12:30 a.m. a male on the 100 block of East Ninth Street reported that a pair of tennis shoes and two DVDs were stolen from his apartment after a roommate and an unidentified woman were in the apartment. The victim said he did not know his roommate’s name.
• At 1:02 p.m. a man at the 400 block of West Fourth Street reported the theft of a white 1991 GMC pickup truck sometime between March 22 and March 24.
Sunday, March 25
• At 12:11 a.m. police received a report from a Winona man at a hotel on the 1025 block of Sugar Loaf Road who said he was grabbed and assaulted from behind by an unidentified male assailant.
Monday, March 26
• At 2:51 p.m. a Winona man reported a theft from the Kwik Trip on West Broadway and South Baker Street. The man reported that he withdrew money from the ATM at the Kwik Trip but forgot to take the money from the machine. When he arrived home and realized his mistake he returned to the Kwik Trip but the money was no longer in the machine. Police are reviewing video footage of the incident.
• At 3:33 p.m. a clerk at the Kwik Trip on West Broadway and South Baker Street received a fake $100 bill in payment from a juvenile boy. The clerk refused the bill but could not identify the juvenile.
• At 7:03 p.m. a vehicle reportedly exploded on Prairie Island after a 40-year old Winona man lit a cigarette in the passenger seat. The explosion blew the windshield an estimated 40 yards from the vehicle and broke out the remaining windows. The driver reportedly received minor burns to the face but refused treatment. The incident is currently under investigation.
Winona County Sheriff
Friday, March 23
• At 1:53 a.m. an officer executed a search warrant at a St. Charles home and reportedly located marijuana wax, trace amounts of marijuana, trace amounts of powder which field-tested positive for the presence of cocaine, and blotter paper characteristic of LSD wrapped in foil. Dustin Patrick Ellinger, 34, of St. Charles, was arrested for fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance.
Sunday, March 25
• At 1:53 a.m. an officer stopped a vehicle for having a broken headlight on County Road 42 and Gilmore Valley Road. The officer reported noticing the odor of alcohol coming from inside the vehicle. A ticket for underage consumption of alcohol was issued to Isaac Thomas Burdey, 19, of Rushford. A ticket for minor consumption of alcohol was issued to a juvenile male, 16, of Rushford.
• At 3:25 a.m. a vehicle was stopped for speeding at County Road 43 and Gilmore Valley Road and an officer reportedly observed a package being thrown from the vehicle. The package was located and reportedly contained marijuana. The driver of the vehicle reportedly claimed ownership of a pipe and marijuana located in the vehicle, and the passenger was in possession of an open container of alcohol. The passenger, Astyia Zari Franken-Golden, 22, of Winona, was cited for having an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle. The driver, Richard Mayweathers II, 35, of Winona, was arrested for possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle, possession of paraphernalia, speeding, and driving after suspension.
• At 4:04 p.m. a report was received of an intoxicated and barefoot individual sitting in the center of Main Street in Elba, throwing shoes at passing vehicles. Scott Allen Ball, 50, of Elba was ticketed for disorderly conduct.
• At 8:58 p.m. deputies were called to assist Goodview Police on a report of a domestic incident at an address on Mill Street in Minnesota City. Officers reportedly spoke with an adult man who had blood on his face, hands and clothing. He told officers that he had been pushed during an argument, and had pushed back defensively. The woman involved in the argument reportedly told officers that she had not been assaulted. April Elaine Heater, 43, of Minnesota City, was cited for domestic assault causing harm.