Tuesday, July 3
• At 9:25 a.m. police received a report from a 60-year-old Winona woman who said a shrub in her yard on the 350 block of Franklin Street had been damaged.
• At 1:50 p.m. police received a report from a 68-year-old Winona woman who said her Verizon tablet had been stolen from a residence on the 850 block of Hickory Lane.
• At 3:03 p.m. police received a report from a 22-year-old Winona man who said his debit card had been stolen and two ATM withdrawls had been made before it was cancelled.
• At 6:15 p.m. police received a report from a 30-year-old woman who said she had been assaulted earlier in the day. The incident is under investigation.
Wednesday, July 4
• At 7:55 a.m. police received a report of a male and female who ran from Perkins without paying their $58.01 bill.
• At 9:02 a.m. police received a report of three cows in a backyard on the 50 block of Debbie Lei Drive. The owner returned them to their pasture.
• At 2:10 p.m. police cited Dawn M. Jumper, 48, of Trempealeau, for failure to yield the right-of-way after she reportedly ran a red light at Fifth and Huff streets and her vehicle collided with another vehicle.
• At 2:27 p.m. police responded to a domestic dispute at a residence on the 1200 block of Gilmore Avenue. A 23-year-old woman told police that Tommy Joe Hegna, 32, of Winona, threw a plastic basket at her, grabbed her by the arms, and forced her outside the residence, then locked her out. The woman reportedly had bruises on her arms. Hegna was arrested and referred to the county attorney for charges of felony domestic assault causing fear and felony domestic assault causing harm. He has three prior domestic assault convictions.
• At 8:58 p.m. police received a report from an adult female that an American flag with a value of $20 had been stolen from her porch on the 600 block of East Third Street.
Thursday, July 5
• At 1:03 a.m. police stopped a vehicle at Broadway and Vila streets for an equipment violation. Nikos Cortez Pritchett, 30, of Winona, was cited for allowing an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle after officers reportedly noticed an open bottle of whiskey in the back seat.
• At 8:08 a.m. police executed a search warrant at a residence on the 200 block of Carimona Street. Brandy Lynn Kolter, 30, of Winona, and Tara Lynn Brown, 34, of Winona, were each referred to the county attorney’s office for charges of third-degree possession of a controlled substance and fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance after officers reportedly located several small containers of methamphetamine at the residence, along with scales and pipes. The third-degree charge is enhanced because the residence is located in a school zone.
• At 9:12 a.m. police received a report from a 40-year-old Winona man that electronics had been stolen from an unlocked RV parked on the 950 block of East Broadway.
• At 11:42 a.m. police received a report of three cows in the back yard of a residence on the 50 block of Debbie Lei Drive. The owner retrieved the cows and indicated he was repairing some fencing.
• At 12:19 p.m. police received a report from an employee at Sugarloaf Senior Living that a resident there was missing a packet of prescription medication that had been listed as delivered.
• At 12:43 p.m. police received a report from an adult male that a spot on the carpet on his porch on the 150 block of West Seventh Street had been damaged sometime overnight by what appeared to be fireworks.
• At 1:31 p.m. police received a complaint of people in a black Chevy on Lake and Dacota streets throwing firecrackers from the vehicle at Lake Park. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.
• At 3:53 p.m. police stopped a vehicle at Seventh and Hamilton streets after observing three young children in the front seat without proper restraints. A four-year-old, five-year-old and six-year-old were reportedly in the front seat without a booster seat or required restraints. The driver, Nikos Cortez Pritchett, 30, of Winona, was cited with not having the proper child seats.
• At 11:54 p.m. police stopped a vehicle at Ninth and Wilsie streets for having a malfunctioning brake light. Passenger Merrick Michael Jervis, 37, of Winona, was arrested on active warrants and cited with fleeing police on foot, providing a false name and date of birth to officers and obstructing the legal process. According to police, he provided a false name during the traffic stop and then attempted to run away and was taken to the ground. He allegedly resisted when being taken into custody.