Tuesday, March 5
• At 2:15 p.m. police cited Michael George Cross, 27, of Winona, with trespassing at Walmart after employees recognized him wandering the store.
Wednesday, March 6
• At 6:21 a.m. a Winona woman reported a break in at her residence on the 1000 block of West Third Street. She claimed that she awoke to her dog barking and heard footsteps on the staircase. She reportedly saw a man wearing a brown hoodie and yelled at him. The man reportedly fled on a bicycle. She noted that the door to her residence had been pried open, and there were attempts made to pry open the garage door, as well.
• At 8:39 a.m. a Winona man reported the theft of a 21-speed bicycle with a value of $150 from his residence on the 850 block of West Fifth Street.
• At 4:19 p.m. police cited Darrell Raymond Campbell, 46, of Winona, with trespassing at Walmart.
• At 5:02 p.m. police arrested Willie Terrell Chambers, 26, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of fifth-degree possession of methamphetamine, fifth-degree possession of Clonazepam, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a small amount of marijuana. As police were assisting in an accident on Sixth and Liberty streets, they reportedly detected the smell of marijuana. After police removed Chambers from the vehicle, they reportedly located 2.76 grams of methamphetamine, 2.23 grams of marijuana, a marijuana pipe, and prescription medication.
Thursday, March 7
• At 12:33 a.m. police arrested Malachi Irishsoldier O’Meara, 44, of Chatfield, Minn., on an active warrant and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of obstructing the legal process and ticketed him for trespassing at Walmart. O’meara allegedly fought with police during his arrest.
• At 1:11 a.m. police arrested Khalid Basheer Alyami, 24, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of third-degree driving while intoxicated and driving after revocation after police stopped him for driving left of the center line on Seventh and Harriet streets. Alyami reportedly had a blood-alcohol content measured at .12 percent.
• At 5:37 p.m. police arrested Neil Andrew Munson, 29, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of gross-misdemeanor domestic assault after Munson allegedly kicked a person in the stomach.
Winona County Sheriff
Thursday, March 7
• At 3:31 a.m. deputies arrested Kathryn Purevtsetseg Johnson, 20, of La Crosse, Wis., and referred her to the county attorney for a potential charge of driving while under the influence after deputies received a call from the Kwik Trip located on Huff and Sarnia streets informing them that Johnson had left the store appearing to be intoxicated. Deputies located her and stopped her vehicle on Highway 61 and Watkins Road, and reportedly located drug paraphernalia, baggies, traces of a leafy green substance, and a partially smoked blunt in the vehicle. Deputies are currently awaiting blood test results.
• At 2:11 p.m. deputies arrested Jessica Jean Strong-Edstrom, 37, of Altura, and referred her to the county attorney for potential charges of fourth-degree assault on a police officer, domestic assault causing harm, and obstructing the legal process after a 17-year-old boy called to report that Strong-Edstrom had been throwing things, screaming, and pulling doors off hinges at his residence in Altura. Deputies arrived to investigate, finding the home a mess, and Strong-Edstrom yelling and reportedly behaving aggressively. One deputy reported that she began to insult and argue with the deputies, and approached him in a hostile manner while pointing at him. She allegedly spit on a deputy, resulting in her arrest.