Friday, May 10
• At 3:18 p.m. a Winona man reported that nine windows of his residence were broken on the 500 block of East Second Street.
• At 5:10 p.m. police responded to a three-vehicle crash on the 700 block of East Sarnia Street. A 41-year-old Winona man was arrested under suspicion of driving under the influence of a controlled substance after he allegedly drove on the wrong side of the street, colliding with one vehicle head-on in the parking lane and clipping another. Two passengers in the vehicle in the parking lane were transported to Winona Health for the treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Saturday, May 11
• At 1:22 a.m. police arrested Brenden Lee Thatcher, 55, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of fourth-degree driving while intoxicated, third-degree test refusal and violating a driver’s license restriction after he was reportedly seen driving a motorcycle erratically near the intersection of Third and Johnson streets. In a test given at 4:47 a.m, his blood-alcohol content was reportedly measured at .19 percent.
• At 8:41 a.m. a Winona man reported that the rear window of his vehicle was broken overnight on the 200 block of East Seventh Street.
• At 10:03 p.m. a Winona man reported that someone entered a detached garage and stole a lawnmower on the 200 block of East 10th Street. After reportedly finding the vehicle’s license plate number on security camera footage, police arrested Steven Randall Coey, 46, of Waterford, Calif., and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of third-degree burglary after he was located near the intersection of Eighth and Hamilton streets on Monday, May 13, at 12:58 a.m.
Sunday, May 12
• At 3:03 a.m. police arrested Aaron George-Clayton Chimal, 21, of Le Center, Minn., and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of fourth-degree driving while intoxicated and fifth-degree possession of marijuana oil after police reportedly found Chimal sleeping in a car on the 800 block of West Fifth Street with the door open. His reported blood-alcohol content was measured at .14 percent.
• At 3:12 a.m. police arrested Jeremy James Pronschinske, 36, of Onalaska, Wis., and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of third-degree driving while intoxicated after he allegedly collided with a parked car on the 350 block of West Fourth Street. His reported blood-alcohol content was measured at .19 percent.
Winona County Sheriff
Friday, May 10
• At 2:08 p.m. medical staff, including the Winona Fire Department and Winona Ambulance, responded to the Winona County Jail on a report of an attempted suicide by an inmate. According to the Winona County Sheriff’s Department, officers were doing their cell checks when they discovered an adult male was attempting to hang himself in his cell using his bedding. He reportedly briefly lost consciousness, but was revived and transported to the hospital.
• At 4:53 p.m. deputies arrested Marjorie Sarah Mountain, 45, of Stockton, and referred her to the county attorney for a potential charge of violating probation.
• At 7:45 p.m. deputies arrested Jeffrey Alan Berry, 56, of La Crosse, Wis., on suspicion of driving under the influence of narcotics after an adult male reported that there was a man causing a scene outside the Nodine Kwik Trip.