Monday, May 13
• At 2:45 p.m. a Winona resident reported the theft of a black and grey Redline D620 bicycle with a value of $1,200 from a residence on the 650 block of West Seventh Street.
• At 2:50 p.m. a Winona resident reported that a student riding on a school bus threw a rock out of a window and struck their vehicle on the intersection of Old Highway 43 and Bluffview Road.
• At 2:52 p.m. a Winona man reported the theft of a black and red Giant-brand bicycle from the 650 block of West Seventh Street overnight.
• At 5:43 p.m. a Winona man reported that someone had cut the padlock on his storage shed on the 1100 block of East Wabasha Street.
• At 6:54 p.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of a pink mountain bike sometime in the last two weeks from the 400 block of East Broadway.
Tuesday, May 14
• At 7:42 a.m. a Winona woman reported that someone had thrown a chunk of concrete through the rear window of her vehicle on the 550 block of West Broadway.
• At 1:59 p.m. Nikita Paige Harris, 33, of Winona, was arrested and charged with fifth-degree domestic assault causing harm for allegedly punching a man in the face on the 1700 block of West Seventh Street.
Wednesday, May 15
• At 2:04 p.m. police arrested Kevin Dale Sultze, 38, of Winona, on an outstanding warrant and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of fleeing police on foot after he allegedly fled officers on a bicycle earlier that day. He was found on the 350 block of Eighth Street.
• At 2:58 p.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of a package from her residence on the 400 block of East Broadway containing items with a total value of $60.
Thursday, May 16
• At 9:28 a.m. a juvenile girl reported that a purple Coach wallet with a value of $80 was stolen from her vehicle at the Winona Senior High School. Inside the wallet was a small amount of cash and several cards. Officers at the school reportedly observed a 16-year-old male in security footage entering the vehicle, who was subsequently cited for theft and tampering with a motor vehicle.
• At 11:08 p.m. a 48-year-old Winona man reported that someone had entered his residence on the 300 block of Chestnut Street through an unlocked window and stole a white Xbox gaming console and one game with a total value of $287.
Friday, May 17
• At 1:35 a.m. police arrested Ryan Robert McCaffrey, 40, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of felony domestic assault by strangulation and fifth-degree domestic assault causing harm after he allegedly threw a woman from a parked vehicle and choked her in the parking lot of Hy-Vee on May 14. The woman reportedly had injuries and bruises consistent with the alleged assault.
Winona County Sheriff
Tuesday, May 14
• At 11:40 p.m. deputies responded to a report of a property damage accident on the 100 block of First Avenue Southeast in Altura. According to the reporting party, a Chevy pick-up collided with a parked vehicle and the driver drove away, before returning shortly after. The driver, Rene Tzanahua Sanchez, 19, was arrested and referred to the county attorney for a potential charge of third-degree driving while intoxicated. His reported blood-alcohol level was measured at .16 percent.
Thursday, May 16
• At 10:54 a.m. a La Crosse, Wis., man reported the theft of a 11-foot-four-inch Coleman boat with a value of $200 from a dock on Riverview Drive and Dresbach Street sometime between May 1 and May 12.