Tuesday, May 21
• At 8:10 a.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of a package from her porch on the 50 block of West 11th Street. The package contained various cosmetics with a total value of $100.
• At 6:17 p.m. police arrested Ted Lee Hazleton, 51, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of fifth-degree domestic assault causing harm and fifth-degree domestic assault causing fear after he allegedly stuck an 18-year-old man in the right eye.
Wednesday, May 22
• At 12:31 p.m. a Winona woman reported that someone entered her apartment at Valley View Towers and stole a cell phone, a vape charger, vape batteries, and an iPod, along with several checks. The items had a total value of $105.
• At 6:15 p.m. police ticketed Anne Marie Laehn, 35, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting from Rogan’s Shoes after she allegedly stole a pair of shoes with a value of $33.
Thursday, May 23
• At 7:51 a.m. a Winona man reported the theft of a black Schwinn bicycle with red wheels from the 250 block of Lafayette Street.
• At 9:52 a.m. police arrested Ryan Robert McCaffrey, 40, of Winona, and cited him with violating a domestic abuse no-contact order after he was found in the vicinity of the person whom holds the order on the 450 block of Mankato Avenue.
• At 3:37 p.m. Chad Allen Braaten, 49, of Buffalo City, was referred to the county attorney for a potential charge of fifth-degree possession of methamphetamine after he allegedly left a prescription medication bottle with his name on it in a vehicle he was test driving at Chrysler Winona. The bottle reportedly contained 6.2 grams of methamphetamine.
Winona County Sheriff
Thursday, May 23
• At 5:22 a.m. deputies responded to a one-vehicle collision between a motorcycle and a deer at Highway 61 near Bunnel House Road. The driver of the motorcycle, a 60-year-old Winona man, was transported to Winona Health for the treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
• At 6:38 p.m. deputies arrested Bernard Everson Williams Jr., 51, of Stewartville, Minn., and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of speeding, driving after cancellation inimical to public safety, fleeing on foot, and third-degree driving while intoxicated after deputies reportedly witnessed him driving 108 mph in a 70-mph zone on Highway 74 and I-90. Williams was reportedly later found at a gas station after a witness reported him running inside. He allegedly told deputies he was not the driver, before backtracking after they told him about the witness report. His reported blood-alcohol content was measured at .08 percent.
Friday, May 24
• At 1:27 a.m. deputies arrested a 27-year-old Austin, Minn., man under suspicion of driving under the influence of a controlled substance after he was reportedly seen driving erratically on Highway 61 near Orrin Street. He reportedly showed signs of being under the influence of marijuana, and deputies reported a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle, as well as a green leafy substance on the man’s lap. He was released pending the results of a blood test.