Friday, June 7
• At 8:12 a.m. a Winona man reported the theft of a Garmin GPS, a fish locator, a tackle box, three fishing rods, a battery charger and a power inverter from a boat in storage near the 1750 block of Ronco Avenue.
• At 9:18 a.m. police cited Tammy Jean Reed, 33, of Winona, with theft after she was allegedly observed on video stealing a seat from a bicycle on the 1400 block of Service Drive.
• At 9:55 a.m. a Winona man reported the theft of a TomTom GPS from his unlocked vehicle parked on the 700 block of West King Street.
• At 12:12 p.m. police arrested Ikea Tatajvoni Thomas, 29, of Rochester, Minn., on an Olmsted County warrant. She was also cited for two counts of theft after she was reportedly caught stealing from MGM Liquor.
• At 12:59 p.m. a Rollingstone woman reported the theft of a backpack containing a laptop, an Under Armour bag, a pair of Nike shoes and volleyball knee pads from her unlocked vehicle on the 800 block of West King Street.
• At 2:11 p.m. a Winona man reported the theft of tools with a total value of between $1,500 and $2,000 from his garage on the 1250 block of West Broadway.
Saturday, June 8
• At 7:21 a.m. a Winona man reported the theft of LED lights, a fishing rod, three life jackets and an anchor from his boat on the 1800 block of Mobile Drive.
• At 11:55 a.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of an air pump, driver’s license and debit card from her vehicle on the 550 block of West Fourth Street.
• At 11:35 p.m. police ticketed Adam William Bellman, 40, of Winona, with possession of brass knuckles and a switchblade after he allegedly threatened a bouncer at a bar near the intersection of Second and Market streets.
Monday, June 10
• At 1:31 p.m. a USPS employee reported that he witnessed a woman pick up a package he had dropped on the 1100 block of Gilmore Avenue. The woman reportedly ran away after picking up the box.
• At 4:22 p.m. an employee at Freedom Value Center reported that someone had driven off without paying for gasoline with a value of $40.01.
• At 7:29 p.m. a Winona woman reported that someone entered a detached garage at her residence on the 750 block of West Fifth Street and stole a bag including a Dewalt saw, Dewalt drill and Dewalt impact driver with total value of $400.
Tuesday, June 11
• At 7:10 a.m. a Winona man reported that someone stole a billfold from his unlocked car overnight on the 150 block of Harvester Road.
Winona County Sheriff
Saturday, June 8
• At 1:39 a.m. deputies arrested a 20-year-old man from Holmen, Wis., under suspicion of driving under the influence of a controlled substance after he was stopped for making an improper turn near Highway 61 and Bundy Boulevard. The man reported showed signs of impairment and was released with charges pending the results of a blood test.
• At 9:07 a.m. deputies responded to the 23000 block of County Road 20 for a report of a one-vehicle roll-over with injuries. The driver, a 19-year-old man, reportedly lost control of the vehicle and exited the roadway, rolling the vehicle over four or five times. The driver and a 17-year-old male passenger were transported by Lewiston Ambulance to Saint Mary’s Hospital in Rochester, Minn., for the treatment of substantial injuries. Alcohol is suspected as a contributing factor in the cause of the crash, and charges are pending the results of a blood test.
• At 3:04 p.m. deputies responded to a report of a boater stranded on the Mississippi River near Lock and Dam 7 due to engine troubles. The boat was subsequently brought to shore.
• At 4:21 p.m. deputies responded to a report of a boater stranded on the Mississippi River in Pool 6 due to engine troubles. The boat was subsequently brought to shore.
Sunday, June 9
• At 7:19 a.m. deputies responded to a report of a barn fire on the 41000 block of Papenfuss Drive. They were joined by Nodine Fire Department, Dakota Fire Department, Pickwick Fire Department, and Ridgeway Fire Department. The barn, built in the 1920s, was reportedly a total loss, but no animals or people were harmed in the fire. The cause of the fire is unknown.
• At 7:39 p.m. deputies arrested Kenneth Galen Engel, 54, of Fountain City, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of felony driving while intoxicated and driving after cancellation inimical to public safety after he was stopped on the 11000 block of County Road 6 for allegedly speeding. He reportedly had a blood-alcohol content measured at .17 percent.
Monday, June 10
• At 8:32 a.m. an inmate at the Winona County Jail reportedly struck a security light cover with his fist, breaking the cover, and allegedly threatened officers with a broken piece of the light. The inmate, John Claude Tharrett III, 40, of Winona, was reportedly secured in a holding cell and referred to the county attorney’s office for potential charges of felony terroristic threats, fourth-degree damage to property, disorderly conduct, and introducing contraband into a jail.
Buffalo County Sheriff
Friday, June 7
• At 2:48 p.m. deputies responded to a one-vehicle rollover on State Road 25 north of Fox Coulee Road in the Town of Nelson. The driver, an 88-year-old woman from Pepin, Wis., reportedly crossed the centerline and drove into the ditch, causing the vehicle to roll over. She was reportedly transported to St. Elizabeth Hospital for the treatment of life-threatening injuries.