Tuesday, July 30
• At 2:22 p.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of a backpack from the aquatic center.
• At 5:31 p.m. a Winona man reported the theft of a purse with a value of $200 from a residence on the 750 block of East Fourth Street. The purse reportedly contained $20 in cash and a phone.
Wednesday, July 31
• At 12:48 a.m. police cited Zachary Russell Taczala, 19, of Mukwonago, Wis., with underage consumption of alcohol after he was reportedly seen walking down Huff Street with a for-sale sign, and reportedly threw the sign when he saw an officer.
• At 1:25 a.m. police cited Gabrielle Maria Luelle Sjogren, 20, of Winona, with fleeing police on foot and underage consumption of alcohol after she was reportedly found by officers in the Wenonah Fountain and allegedly ran when officers approached.
• At 4:52 p.m. police arrested Patrick Henry Williams, 55, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of felony theft after he allegedly stole a moped from the parking lot of MGM Liquors.
• At 6:57 p.m. police cited Michael Joseph Anderson, 64, of Winona, with violating a harassment restraining order after he allegedly texted the individual who holds the order.
Thursday, August 1
• At 12:52 a.m. police arrested Christopher James Ozmun, 35, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of felony violation of an order for protection after he was allegedly seen looking into vehicles in front of the residence of the person who holds the order on the 600 block of Center Street.
• At 7:13 p.m. police arrested Justin Travis Gillham, 35, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of felony violation of a harassment-restraining order after the person who holds the order reportedly received multiple text messages from Gillham.
• At 7:48 p.m. a Winona woman reported a timber rattlesnake in her yard on the 1400 block of Heights Boulevard. A snake handler was called to transport the animal.
Friday, August 2
• At 1:01 a.m. police ticketed Paige Marie Skog, 18, of Ramsey, Minn.; Kyley Nakisha Shefelbine, 19, of Caledonia, Minn.; and Abajawodo Akom Kuwot, 20, of Rochester, Minn., with underage consumption of alcohol after officers reportedly heard the three making loud noises on the 100 block of Market Street.
• At 5:43 a.m. police arrested Dustin Lee Zenk, 27, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of receiving stolen property and fifth-degree possession of marijuana wax after he was reportedly observed riding a bike on the wrong side of the street near the intersection of Sarnia and Franklin streets. The serial number of the bike had reportedly been ground off and painted over, and Zenk was placed under arrest. When officers searched Zenk’s person, they reportedly found a vape cartridge with marijuana wax in his possession.
Winona County Sheriff
Wednesday, July 31
• At 7:38 p.m. deputies responded to a vehicle fire on the 22000 block of Rolling Ridge Drive in Lewiston. A John Deere tractor and round-baler trailer had reportedly caught on fire, and the tractor was a total loss, while the trailer sustained heavy damage. The cause of the fire is currently unknown.
• At 11:08 p.m. an Elba woman reported that she had been assaulted by an adult woman at her residence, who had allegedly scratched her face. The woman has not been located.
Thursday, August 1
• At 6:02 p.m. deputies responded to a one-vehicle collision on the 19000 block of Bear Creek Drive. Dominik James Wetstone, 18, of Rollingstone, was cited with careless driving after he lost control of his vehicle on a curve and crashed into a tree while allegedly speeding.