Wednesday, November 27
• At 10:17 a.m. a woman reported that a ring had been stolen from the nightstand in the room in which she was staying at the Days Inn on Cottonwood Drive.
Friday, November 29
• At 10:24 a.m. a Winona man reported that a laptop was stolen from a vehicle on the 750 block of West Seventh Street.
• At 2:42 p.m. officers arrested Daniel Frank Kowalski, 58, of Mosinee, Wis., and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of possession of a controlled substance. According to the report, Kowalski was driving a semi-truck on Sugar Loaf Road and East Lake Boulevard when he missed the turn lane at Highway 61 and Highway 43. He reportedly backed up to enter the turn lane, and while doing so, backed into a vehicle and pushed it behind him. According to the report, the semi-truck was impounded and searched. Officers reportedly found a methamphetamine pipe; four bindles, or papers used to hold controlled substances; and a saline nasal spray bottle which field-tested positive for cocaine.
• At 6:44 p.m. officers ticketed Justine Nicole Gahnz, 32, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting at Walmart.
• At 6:44 p.m. officers ticketed Aaron Patrick Devorak, 41, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting at Walmart.
• At 9:19 p.m. officers ticketed Danielle Lou Kingsley, 26, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting at Walmart.
Saturday, November 30
• At 1:13 p.m. officers ticketed Gary Richard Lohmeier, 65, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting at Fleet Farm.
• At 11:05 p.m. officers ticketed Timothy Lee Thomas, 52, of Winona, with driving after cancellation inimical to public safety after stopping him for reportedly having an obstructed license plate on Vine Street and East Broadway.
Sunday, December 1
• At 10:49 a.m. a Winona man reported that shoes and a work shirt were stolen from an unlocked vehicle on the 50 block of West Seventh Street.
• At 11 a.m. a Winona woman reported that a cellphone was stolen from a vehicle on the 350 block of Main Street.
Monday, December 2
• At 8:41 a.m. officers ticketed Joseph Andrew Holden, 45, of Minnesota City, with theft after he allegedly stole two catalytic converters at Miller Scrap.
• At 10:30 a.m. officers arrested Mark Edward Tye, 40, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of leaving the scene of a property-damage accident, driving after revocation, and driving without a license. According to the report, Tye was driving a vehicle when he entered the roundabout at County Road 17 and Homer Road going too fast and hit the curb, causing the vehicle to roll over and end up on its top. Tye reportedly exited the vehicle and fled the scene on foot.
Tuesday, December 3
• At 1:15 a.m. officers arrested Marci Lynn Johnson, 32, of Trempealeau, and referred her to the county attorney for a potential charge of second-degree driving while intoxicated after she was stopped near Fleet Farm for reportedly driving without lights and having a suspended object hanging from her rearview mirror. A breath test reportedly measured her blood-alcohol content at 0.11 percent.
• At 1:26 a.m. officers arrested Luke Wallace Krzyszkowski, 18, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance. Officers reportedly noticed an odor of marijuana and found a marijuana vaping cartridge after stopping his vehicle on West Eighth and Wilson streets.
Thursday, November 28
• At 5:57 p.m. deputies arrested Daniel Deng Akur, 40, of Roanoke, Va., and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of second-degree driving while intoxicated. According to the report, Akur drove off the road and into the median on I-90 near mile marker 249. When deputies arrived at the scene, they reportedly noticed an odor of alcohol coming from the vehicle and observed that Akur had bloodshot, watery eyes. A breath test reportedly measured his blood-alcohol content at 0.16 percent.
Sunday, December 1
• At midnight deputies arrested Troy Joseph Vail, 39, of Rochester, Minn., on suspicion of driving while intoxicated after he reported that he was stuck in a ditch. According to the report, when deputies arrived at the scene, they noticed that Vail had bloodshot, watery eyes, slurred speech, poor balance, and an odor of alcohol coming from him. Blood-alcohol content test results are pending, according to the report.
Monday, December 2
• At 12:30 a.m. deputies arrested Deshawn Patrick Michael Williams, 20, of South Milwaukee, Wis., and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of possession of a small amount of marijuana. According to the report, Williams was a passenger in a vehicle involved in a collision near County Road 12 and County Road 3. Marijuana was reportedly found when the vehicle was searched.