Tuesday, May 26
• At 3:06 p.m. a woman reported that a window of her vehicle was broken out on the 1250 block of West Second Street.
• At 5:37 p.m. officers arrested Brently Steven Johnson, 57, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of check forgery, theft, possession of stolen checks and trespassing. According to the report, he attempted to write allegedly fraudulent checks at various gas stations.
Thursday, May 28
• At 11:09 a.m. officers received a report of damage to laundry machines at an apartment building on the 1500 block of West Fifth Street.
• At 11:25 a.m. officers responded to a reported break-in at a business on the 1000 block of Sugar Loaf Road. Nothing was reported stolen. Police officials said they have a suspect, but the case is still under investigation.
• At 8:20 p.m. officers arrested Brently Steven Johnson, 57, of Winona, at Levee Park and referred him for potential charges of disorderly conduct. Officers were responding to the third call that day from citizens complaining that Johnson was allegedly harassing them.
• At 10:23 p.m. officers responded to a report of a man threatening people with a gun near the 1750 block of West Seventh Street. Upon arrival, the 36-year-old man denied having a gun, officers were unable to locate any firearm, and officers did not find witnesses of the alleged incident, according to the report.
Friday, May 29
• At 3:43 p.m. officers ticketed Nathan Jon Barbian, 33, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting at Walmart.
• At 4:45 p.m. officers ticketed Timothy Paul Schmalenberg, 55, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting twice at Walmart. According to the report, the shoplifting incidents occurred earlier in May.
Saturday, May 30
• At 10:22 a.m. officers ticketed Laura Lynn Nissalke, 52, of Winona, with trespassing on the 700 block of East Third Street.
• At 10:56 a.m. officers again ticketed Laura Lynn Nissalke, 52, of Winona, with trespassing on the 700 block of East Third Street.
• At 6:32 p.m. a woman reported that a license plate was stolen off a vehicle on the 750 block of Front Street.
• At 7:57 p.m. officers arrested Jacob Andrew Hunsicker, 26, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of fourth-degree assault on emergency personnel. They also ticketed him with obstrucing the legal process. According to the report, officers observed Hunsicker dancing in a traffic lane on Broadway and Main Street. As a vehicle driven by an officer approached him, he reportedly moved to the sidewalk. He then went back into the street after officers passed, according to the report. Officers ultimately made contact with Hunsicker, and he was taken to Winona Health for an evaluation. At the hospital, he reportedly head-butted a physician in the emergency room.
Sunday, May 31
• At 12:11 a.m. officers ticketed Zachariah Alan Parks, 21, of Lakeville, Minn., with a noise violation on the 350 block of West Fifth Street.
• At 12:52 a.m. officers arrested Scott Curtis Rinn, 52, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of violating an order for protection at Sugar Loaf Motel.
• At 9:44 a.m. officers ticketed Brently Steven Johnson, 57, of Winona, with littering on 10th and Lafayette streets.
• At 12:01 p.m. a woman reported that someone spray painted a derogatory statement on a residence on the 650 block of East 10th Street.
• At 3:33 p.m. a man reported that a leaf blower was stolen on the 350 block of Laird Street.
Monday, June 1
• At 1:53 p.m. officers received a report that someone with a restraining order against a man was in a vehicle on Mankato Avenue and 12th Street when the man pulled up alongside them in another vehicle. He then reportedly pointed a small handgun at them and mouthed “bang bang.” According to the report, officers have probable cause to arrest the man for felony violation of a restraining order when he is located.
• At 3:33 p.m. officers ticketed Aaron Patrick Devorak, 42, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting at Fleet Farm.
Thursday, May 28
• At 11:17 a.m. deputies responded to a report of a domestic disturbance in Minnesota City’s Hidden Valley and arrested Stacey Michelle Fenske, 38, of Winona, and referred her to the county attorney for potential charges of fifth-degree domestic assault. According to the report, Fenske allegedly punched a juvenile.
Sunday, May 31
• At 7:26 a.m. deputies arrested Mark Halley Smith, 45, of Utica, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges felony domestic assault by strangulation and fifth-degree domestic assault after responding to a report of a domestic assault on the 28000 block of County Road 33.