Winona Police Department
Friday, January 5
• At 3:23 a.m officers responded to a report from Hy-Vee of an intoxicated driver. Officers stopped Brian Lee Ebert, 48, of Winona, at Vila Street and Highway 61 and reportedly observed signs of intoxication. A preliminary breath sample showed his blood alcohol content to be .23 percent. Ebert was arrested and taken to the Law Enforcement Center, where he reportedly refused to submit to chemical testing. Ebert was charged with third-degree driving while impaired and third-degree test refusal.
Wednesday, February 7
• At 11:38 p.m. near the intersection of Hillbert and Fifth streets officers ticketed Antonio Gale Shorter, 44, of Winona for driving after cancellation inimical to public safety after he was reportedly observed weaving and crossing the fog line.
Friday, February 9
• At 1:59 p.m. at the 500 block of West Fourth Street officers arrested Aaron Paul Rykhus, 33, of Winona on a warrant and reportedly located heroin in his possession. He was cited with fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance.
• At 9:03 p.m. officers responded to a report from the 1200 block of Gilmore Avenue and arrested Devin Lee Polus, 31, of Medford, during a probation check. He was reportedly in possession of a pipe with methamphetamine residue. He was cited with fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance.
• At 11:18 p.m. police were contacted by a Department of Corrections agent who had found Scott Patrick Olson, 23, of Montevideo, Minn., in violation of the terms of his parole. His blood-alcohol content was measured at .17 percent blood alcohol in violation of the terms of his parole. He was reportedly in possession of several kinds of prescription medication, including Adderall. He was referred to the county attorney for charges of fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance, and is being held for a probation violation.
Saturday, February 10
• At 1:14 a.m. officers responded to a report of an assault by a patron with a knife at Gabby’s. Three people were transported to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries. There have been no arrests and officers are investigating the incident.
• At 10:29 a.m. officers responded to a gas drive-off at the Freedom station on Mankato Avenue for $64.76. They were unable to identify the suspect.
• At 12:56 p.m. officers ticketed two juvenile males for theft by shoplifting at Fleet Farm.
• At 1:11 p.m. officers ticketed Serena Joy Hanson, 34, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting at Shopko.
• At 3:49 p.m. an adult male reported the theft of a laptop belonging to Winona State from his residence on the 150 block of East Fourth Street. The male said the back door had been left open overnight.
• At 4:51 p.m. an adult female reported the theft of $100 cash from her apartment on the 110 block of Sugarloaf Road.
• At 10:30 p.m. officers ticketed Taylor John Kujak, 25, of Winona, for obstructing the legal process on the 250 block of Chatfield Street. Officers responded to a call to remove an unwanted person. As he was being escorted outside, Kujak reportedly pushed an officer resulting in him and officers falling to the ground. Kujak was transported to the hospital.
• At 11:36 p.m. officers cited Jacqueline Kate Henderson, 18, of Pewaukee, Wis., for possession of a small amount of marijuana in a motor vehicle, and underage possession of alcohol during a traffic stop at Winona and 12th streets. Officers also ticketed Bryce Johnathon Beck, 18, of Lakeville, with possession of a small amount of marijuana in a motor vehicle.
Sunday, February 11
• At 12:53 a.m. officers ticketed Paul Joseph Hansen, 20, of Winona, on charges of violating the social host ordinance and underage consumption of alcohol on the 300 block of Center Street.
• At 4:32 a.m. responded to a call from Winona Health and ticketed Timmy Deonatea Lee Weeks, 27, of Winona, with disorderly conduct after he was discharged from the emergency room. He reportedly spit on a camera and threatened security personnel.
Monday, February 12
• At 7:09 a.m. officers responded to a report of an attempted break-in on the 450 block of Liberty Street. An adult male claims that someone tried to enter his locked outbuilding at some time during the night. No entry was gained and nothing was taken.
• At 4:31 p.m. officers ticketed Krystal Marie Pickard, 23, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting at Wal-Mart.
• At 9:18 p.m. officers at Wal-Mart ticketed Tara Lynn Brown, 34, of Winona, with trespassing at Wal-Mart.
Tuesday, February 13
• At 1:08 a.m. officers stopped a vehicle for having a non-functioning tail light and arrested Madison Elizabeth Scheer, 21, of Winona, for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated. Her blood-alcohol content was measured at .12 percent.
Winona Country Sheriff
Sunday, February 11
• At 6:09 p.m. deputies were called to a residence in Minnesota City on a report of a domestic disturbance. An adult female said Kyle Lee Brown, 28, of Minnesota City, verbally and physically assaulted her and caused her to fear for her life, and told her to not speak with law enforcement during a 911 call. She also claimed that on a previous occasion Brown locked her in a bathroom and physically assaulted her. Deputies searched Brown and reportedly located a glass pipe with what appeared to be marijuana residue and two baggies with traces of what they believed to be methamphetamine. Brown was arrested on charges of felony domestic assault by strangulation, false imprisonment, interfering with a 911 call, fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance, and domestic assault causing fear.
Saturday, February 10
• At 12:10 a.m. deputies assisted the State Patrol, Lewiston Police, and St. Charles Police in a pursuit of a suspect detained on a felony warrant who had fled in his vehicle from the Rushford Police Department. After pursuit through Winona County, the suspect reportedly crashed his vehicle into a ditch on County Road 12 and Gaelic Road in Fillmore County. The suspect, Nathan Randall Gassman, 33, of Lanesboro, was arrested by the State Patrol.
• At 8:27 a.m. deputies responded to a report of a vehicle in a ditch near County Road 12 in Winona. Officers ticketed a 17-year-old male from Onalaska, Wis., with careless driving.
• At 6 p.m. a deputy was called to the Winona County Jail by the jail shift commander who reported locating a controlled substance in the Winona County Courthouse. A report had been received that narcotics had been hidden in a bathroom prior to a court appearance. During the court appearance the suspect was detained and unable to recover the items. Jail staff reportedly located and turned over to the deputy a container hidden in the bathroom containing pills identified as alprazolam, a white powdery substance that field-tested positive for methamphetamine, and an earring. Charges have not yet been filed. Deputies are interviewing an inmate.
Monday, February 12
• At 6:06 p.m. officers in Minnesota City arrested Kyle Lee Brown, 28, of Minnesota City, for allegedly violating a domestic abuse no contact order.