Sunday, December 31
• At 3:34 a.m. police arrested Nathan Allen Ackman, 35, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of makings threats of violence, domestic assault causing fear and domestic assault causing harm after police received a phone call from the victim reporting the alleged attack. Ackman was arrested on January 1 during a traffic stop.
• At 8:18 a.m. police arrested Donnie Alan Lord, 44, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of fleeing from an officer after the officer attempted to stop Lord on his bike for outstanding warrants. Lord allegedly continued to bike away, then hid inside a home on the 560 block of East Third Street, where police located him inside a closet.
• At 9:48 a.m. police cited Nicole Ann Meyer, 32, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting after Meyer was reportedly observed on the security cameras at the Homer Road Kwik Trip stealing three packs of cigarettes on December 23 at 2:52 a.m.
• At 11:14 a.m. a Winona man reported that approximately $3 in change had been taken from his car overnight on the 150 block of Sioux Street.
• At 11:40 p.m. police arrested and referred Anthony L. Hamilton, 32, of Winona, to the county attorney for potential charges of gross-misdemeanor test refusal, misdemeanor driving while intoxicated, providing a false name and date of birth to police, and having no Minnesota driver’s license after he was pulled over for a having broken headlight.
Monday, January 1
• At 10:14 p.m. police referred Eric William Poillon, 32, of Winona, to the county attorney for a potential charge of fifth-degree possession of methamphetamine after police arrested Poillon on a prior warrant and reportedly found 0.4 grams of methamphetamine on his person.
Wednesday, December 2
• At 9:25 a.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of a small canvas bag and turquoise purse, containing her ID and multiple other cards, on the 60 block of East Second Street.
• At 4:15 p.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of two packages with a total value of $29.57 from her doorstep on the 310 block of Zumbro Street
• At 10:07 p.m. officers arrested Samuel Arthur Norman, 22, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for two potential charges of fourth-degree assault after officers received a call reporting that Norman was in the road on Eighth and Huff streets yelling. Norman reportedly resisted being escorted off the road and spit on multiple officers.
Thursday, January 3
• At 1:14 a.m. police arrested and referred Aaron Michael Gerth, 22, of Winona, to the county attorney for a potential charge of fifth-degree possession of methamphetamine after police reportedly located 0.71 grams of methamphetamine on his person during an arrest for a prior warrant on the 620 block of East 12th Street.
• At 11:58 a.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of her cell phone from her purse at the Winona County Courthouse.
• At 3:50 p.m. police cited Serena Joy Hanson, 35, of Winona, and Whitney Nichole Sherman, 32, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting after they allegedly attempted to steal clothing from Rochester Wholesale Fruit Closet.
Winona County Sheriff
Wednesday, January 2
• At 10:47 a.m. deputies arrested Tanner Michael Mlynczak, 19, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of fifth-degree possession of marijuana after deputies searched his vehicle upon smelling marijuana while conducting an arrest on an outstanding warrant of another party. Deputies reportedly located over 180 grams of marijuana in the vehicle.
• At 1:37 a.m. deputies cited a 17-year-old girl with possession of drug paraphernalia; cited a 17-year-old boy with underage consumption of alcohol, possession of alcohol by a minor and having an open bottle of alcohol in a vehicle; and cited Daisy K. Todd, 22, of Rollingstone, with possession of a small amount of marijuana after deputies stopped the vehicle for speeding