Saturday, January 5
• At 1:08 a.m. police arrested Alexa Elizabeth Anne Weiss, 21, of Winona, and referred her to the county attorney of a potential charge of third-degree driving while intoxicated after she allegedly almost struck another vehicle while driving near the intersection of Sanborn and Vine streets. She reportedly had a blood-alcohol content measured at 0.21 percent.
• At 7:45 a.m. a Winona man reported the theft of ice-fishing gear from the back of his truck on the 100 block of East Mark Street.
• At 2:09 p.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of a billfold from her unlocked vehicle on the 500 block of West Fifth Street. The card was later reported used in Rochester, Minn.
• At 6:08 p.m. police arrested Brendan Lee Thatcher, 55, and Nicole Angelica Klink, 31, both of Winona, on a charge of fifth-degree possession of methamphetamine after they were stopped near the intersection of Fourth and Vine streets for allegedly failing to signal a turn before stopping. Thatcher also faces an additional charge for possession of drug paraphernalia.
Sunday, January 6
• At 12:33 a.m. a Winona woman living on the 700 block of East Third Street reported that a woman visiting her home had stolen cash and credit cards before suddenly leaving the property.
• At 12:41 a.m. police arrested Crystal Leshanda Tucker, 34, of Mount Carmel, Ill., and referred her to the county attorney for potential charges of fourth-degree driving while intoxicated, third-degree test refusal and giving a false name and date of birth to an officer after she was stopped for allegedly having a broken tail light near the intersection of Huff and Eighth streets.
• At 1:39 p.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of a package from her residence on the 200 block of Washington Street with a value of $13.
• At 1:43 p.m. a Winona woman reported the theft of a package from her residence on the 200 block of Washington Street with a value of $40.
Monday, January 7
• At 4:45 p.m. police arrested and referred Chad Matthew Schultz, 44, of Winona, to the county attorney for a potential charge of felony domestic assault by strangulation after he was arrested on the 300 block of Mankato Avenue.
• At 5:22 p.m. police cited Ashley Lynn Dzwonkowski, 34, of Houston, Minn., with violating a harassment-restraining order after she reportedly corresponded with the person who holds the order at an apartment on the 1570 block of Homer Road.
Winona County Sheriff
Friday, January 4
• At 11 a.m. deputies cited Kenneth John Schmidt, 46, of Altura, with failing to yield at a stop sign after he collided with another vehicle while driving on Ruprecht’s Valley Road. The other driver was reportedly transported to Winona Health for treatment after she complained about leg and back pain.
• At 11:44 a.m. deputies cited Anna May Roberts, 19, of Brownsdale, Minn., with driving under the influence of a controlled substance after she reportedly stopped in the middle of the intersection while driving on Broadway and Washington Street.
Sunday, January 6
• At 3:33 p.m. deputies arrested Samuel Derek Emery, 43, of Utica, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of felony domestic assault after he allegedly pulled a 37-year-old woman’s hair out.
Monday, January 7
• At 1:07 p.m. an employee at the Dresbach Bobcat dealership reported the theft of a $37,878 Bobcat Track Loader off the lot sometime within the last four months.
• At 5:45 p.m. deputies assisted Goodview first responders in aiding an adult man who had overdosed near Sailor Drive. He was given two doses of Narcan and transported to Winona Health for further medical treatment.
Minnesota State Patrol
• At 9:38 a.m. on Friday, January 4, officers responded to a two-vehicle collision on Highway 14 in Utica. According to the report, a driver of a 2000 Chevy Blazer attempted to make a left turn from a driveway onto Highway 14 West when it was struck by a 2005 Honda Accord. The driver of the Accord was transported to Winona Health for the treatment of non-life threatening injuries.