Sunday, August 11
• At 1:46 p.m. police arrested Brent Allen Thrune, 52, of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of second-degree driving while intoxicated after he was stopped near the intersection of Mankato Avenue and 12th Street for allegedly failing to signal a turn. He reportedly had a blood-alcohol content measured at .21 percent.
• At 4:31 p.m. police cited Thomas Lloyd Stearns, 40, of Trempealeau, with theft by shoplifting from Walmart.
• At 9:11 p.m. police arrested Jess Allen Wise, 45, of Ramsey, Minn., on an outstanding warrant and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of fifth-degree possession of methamphetamine after officers reportedly discovered a plastic baggie with a substance that field-tested positive for methamphetamine at Walmart.
Tuesday, August 6
• At 4:50 p.m. a motorcycle driven by a 69-year-old Lake City, Minn., man struck a deer while traveling northbound on Highway 61 near mile post 80. The driver was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital for the treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Monday, August 12
• At 5:53 p.m. a vehicle driven by a 52-year-old Winona man left the roadway on Highway 14 in Warren Township and rolled down a steep embankment. He was taken to Winona Health for the treatment of non-life threatening injuries.