Tuesday, April 28
• At 11:19 a.m. an employee at the Subway on Gilmore Avenue reported that a counterfeit $20 was used at the store.
• At 11:45 a.m. an employee at the ORC reported that they are missing hand sanitizer and paper towels.
• At 1:29 p.m. an employee at Dahl Motors reported that a 2018 red Chevy Equinox was stolen from the lot on April 27. The vehicle was ultimately recovered in Rochester, Minn.
Wednesday, April 29
• At 12:41 p.m. a man reported that he lost $1,500 in what appeared to be a scam relating to supposed computer protection services.
• At 2:43 p.m. a man reported that someone he did not know came to his residence on the 750 block of East Front Street with a Craigslist post advertising the residence as being available to rent. The man said he had not made such a post.
• At 3:54 p.m. officers arrested Divontay Maurice Pinkerton, 27, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of fleeing in a motor vehicle, driving after revocation, speeding, careless driving, violating stop sign rules, disregarding a red light, failing to use a turn signal, not having proof of insurance and reckless driving after a pursuit of about 1.4 miles. Officers on patrol near Sarnia Street and Mankato Avenue reportedly saw a tan Dodge Durango driven by Pinkerton make a turn, and they recognized Pinkerton as being someone with a revoked license. A pursuit then ensued, according to the report. Ultimately, officers located Pinkerton after they received a 911 call in which individuals from a residence on the 450 block of Liberty Street reported that Pinkerton had entered the home.
• At 8:24 p.m. a man reported that someone he knew broke the windshield of his vehicle with a baseball bat on Front and High Forest streets. He said he and the person will discuss the incident.
• At 9:50 p.m. officers received a report that someone tried to use a counterfeit $50 at the Kwik Trip on Homer Road.
Thursday, April 30
• At 3:26 p.m. an Onalaska, Wis., woman reported that a portable air conditioning unit with a value of $150 was stolen from a storage unit on the 100 block of Gould Street.
• At 10:06 p.m. officers ticketed Wilma Jean Shines, 52, of Winona, with playing loud music on the 350 block of East Sarnia Street.
Friday, May 1
• At 4:17 a.m. officers received a report of two porta potties on fire at Veterans Park.
• At 9:34 a.m. a Ronco Engineering employee reported that someone used a fraudulent check in the business’ name.
Saturday, May 2
• At 12:43 a.m. officers arrested Tyler James Puetz, 28, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of obstructing officers with force. According to the report, officers received a report of people arguing in a residence on the 450 block of East Second Street at 12:25 a.m. The people reportedly told officers they would sort out the situation. At 12:43 a.m. officers received a report of a similar situation happening again at the same residence. When they responded, Puetz reportedly would not get in a squad car.
• At 11:12 a.m. a man reported that the passenger-side wheels of a grey Honda Civic with a “For sale” sign were stolen. The vehicle was parked in a lot near 1130 Frontenac Drive. The wheels were ContiProContact P195/65R15 89H tires with a value of about $500.
Sunday, May 3
• At 10 a.m. a 34-year-old Winona man reported that a woman to whom he had sent nude photos said she wanted money or she would send the photos to his friends and family.
Monday, May 4
• At 10:51 a.m. officers received a report that someone moved a camera and entered a storage shed on the 1000 block of Sugar Loaf Road. It is not believed that anything was taken or damaged, according to the report.
• At 11:19 a.m. officers ticketed Patrick Henry Williams, 56, of Winona, with trespassing at Fleet Farm.
• At 12:27 p.m. officers received a report of someone claiming to be a general on Facebook and asking for $5,000 to be sent to Afghanistan.
• At 3:43 p.m. a man reported that a package containing a JBW watch with a value of about $133 was stolen from a front porch on the 150 block of West Fourth Street.
• At 3:45 p.m. officers ticketed Ashley Marie Larson, 35, of Sargeant, Minn., and Stephen Norman Klopp, 32, of Winona, with shoplifting at Walmart.
• At 10:05 p.m. a woman reported that her clothes were stolen from a dryer on the 500 block of Center Street.
Tuesday, April 28
• At 5:09 p.m. a man reported that he lost $1,100 in what appeared to be a scam. According to the report, someone claiming to offer computer protection services said they had mistakenly refunded the man too much money, and the man bought $1,100 in gift cards in response.
Sunday, May 3
• At 9:14 a.m. deputies arrested Eduardo Noe Belica Perez, 28, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of felony domestic assault by strangulation, fifth-degree domestic assault causing harm and interfering with a 911 call on Green Terrace Way.
Monday, May 4
• At 5:34 a.m. a man reported that a turkey flew out of a ditch, went through the windshield of his vehicle and hit him in the face while he was driving on I-90 near mile marker 240.
• At 5:47 p.m. deputies received a report that three teenage juvenile males broke windows out of three vehicles on the 10000 block of Bluff Run Lane. One reportedly defecated on one of the vehicles as well. Potential charges are pending.