Tuesday, May 12
• At 2:21 a.m. officers arrested Lamel Vance Lillard, 40, of St. Anne, Ill., and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of fleeing police in a motor vehicle after a brief pursuit in the Prairie Island area.
• At 8:20 a.m. officers arrested Nicholas John Deppe, 22, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of fleeing police in a motor vehicle, reckless driving, disorderly conduct, damage to property and driving after suspension. According to the report, officers observed a vehicle driven by Deppe traveling quickly at Lake Park near Franklin Street, and a brief pursuit ensued. Officers made contact with Deppe when he stopped in the Winona Health parking lot, according to the report. Deppe was then evaluated at the hospital, and he reportedly damaged some cabinets there.
• At 4:54 p.m. officers arrested Carlos Cano Gonzalez, 30, of Altura, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of not having a Minnesota driver’s license, not having proof of insurance and failing to stop at a red light after a reported two-car property-damage accident. According to the report, a vehicle driven by Gonzalez ran a red light on Fifth and Main streets and struck another vehicle.
• At 9:26 p.m. employees of the McDonald’s near Highway 61 reported that they were given a counterfeit $50 bill.
• At 10:54 p.m. officers ticketed Michelle Lynn Rozek, 33, of Winona, with trespassing at the Kwik Trip on East Broadway.
Wednesday, May 13
• At 12:18 a.m. a woman reported that someone took a tackle box from her vehicle while it was parked in the Walmart parking lot.
• At 1:16 a.m. officers arrested Lamel Vance Lillard, 40, of St. Anne, Ill., and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of gross-misdemeanor driving while intoxicated and test refusal. According to the report, officers on West Seventh Street recognized Lillard’s vehicle from the previous evening. Lillard reportedly showed signs of intoxication after stepping out of the vehicle. He also refused to take a breath test, according to the report.
• At 3:34 p.m. a man reported that a cross in his yard was damaged overnight on the 500 block of West Broadway.
• At 5 p.m. a woman reported that her yellow Winona State University loaner bike was stolen from the 800 block of West Broadway.
Thursday, May 14
• At 2:28 p.m. a woman on the 200 block of East Eighth Street reported that someone claiming to be a landlord attempted to contact her online.
• At 2:41 p.m. officers arrested Dylan John Michael Distad, 26, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of possessing a firearm while being prohibited from doing so and fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance. Officers also arrested Roberto Reyes, 24, of Winona, for violating his probation. Officers reportedly found a silver Tristar 9mm handgun and a pipe containing a substance that field-tested positive for methamphetamine in a vehicle driven by Distad near the 300 block of Baker Street. Reyes reportedly violated his probation by being with Distad while Distad was allegedly in possession of a controlled substance.
• At 4:32 p.m. a woman reported that a cream dresser with wicker-basket drawers containing a Sony DVD player and miscellaneous art items was stolen on the 550 block of Grand Street.
• At 4:47 p.m. a man reported that a hanging basket containing a hibiscus plant was stolen on the 800 block of West 10th Street.
Friday, May 15
• At 3:43 a.m. officers ticketed Lance Robert Schewe, 32, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting at the Kwik Trip on Sarnia Street.
Saturday, May 16
• At 6:47 a.m. a woman reported that her white enclosed trailer was stolen on May 13 at about 5:30 a.m. on the 60 block of Main Street.
• At 8:41 a.m. officers ticketed Angela Sue Stanek, 34, of Winona, with violating a harassment restraining order. Officers also ticketed Wade Allen Olson, 29, of Winona, with damage to property. According to the report, Stanek and Olson had a dispute over a TV on the 650 block of West Fifth Street. Olson reportedly kicked the door of Stanek’s residence and caused about $1,000 in property damage. Stanek, against whom Olson has a harassment restraining order, reportedly contacted Olson multiple times before the incident.
• At 4:12 p.m. officers ticketed Linda Margaret Hoialmen, 79, of Winona, with inattentive driving. According to the report, Hoialmen hit a motorcycle after making a sharp turn near Orrin Street and Kraemer Drive. The 31-year-old Winona man who was driving the motorcycle reportedly jumped off it and sustained minor scrapes.
• At 6:11 p.m. officers ticketed Brandon Wayne Riggs, 27, of Winona, with theft after a woman reported that two shepherd hooks were stolen at Sugar Loaf Apartments. The hooks were recovered, according to the report.
• At 7:16 p.m. officers ticketed Jamie Lei Barnes, 38, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting at Walmart. She reportedly took items with a value of about $93.
• At 7:44 officers received a report that an unknown man and woman stole items with a value of about $47 at Walmart.
• At 7:45 p.m. officers received a report that an unknown person stole items with a value of about $130 at Walmart.
• At 9:09 p.m. officers received a report that an unknown woman stole items with a value of about $59 at Walmart.
Monday, May 18
• At 9:39 a.m. Adventure Cycle and Ski employees reported that several bikes and pieces of bike clothing were stolen.
• At 1:58 p.m. a woman reported that a package was stolen from a porch on the 650 block of West Seventh Street.
Thursday, May 14
• At 3:53 p.m. deputies arrested Rayshun Boler, 39, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for potential charges of gross-misdemeanor driving while intoxicated and possession of a small amount of marijuana on Fifth and Johnson streets. A breath test reportedly measured his blood-alcohol content at 0.16 percent.
Friday, May 15
• At 9:15 p.m. a man reported that a shed on his property on the 27000 block of County Road 17 had been gone through recently. He also reported that in summer 2019, items including a generator, tiller, garden trailer and push mower were stolen from the shed. The items had a total value of about $1,950. Anyone with information may call the Winona County Sheriff’s Office.
Sunday, May 17
• At 1:55 a.m. deputies received a report that a porta potty was on fire next to the park pavilion on the 60 block of Main Street in Rollingstone. The fire reportedly spread from the porta potty to the park pavilion, resulting in damage of over $10,000 to the pavilion. Anyone with information may call the Winona County Sheriff’s Office.
Minnesota State Patrol
Wednesday, May 6
• At 4:03 p.m. Eddie Mayo, 48, of Jacksonville, Fla., was transported to the Winona County Jail and booked on suspicion of charges of second-degree driving while intoxicated, test refusal, driving after revocation, obstructing the legal process and criminal damage to property. According to the report, troopers stopped a vehicle driven by Mayo on I-90 at mile marker 249 after receiving a driving complaint and witnessing his driving conduct. Mayo was arrested on suspicion of driving while impaired, and he reportedly began kicking the rear passenger’s door and window when he was handcuffed in the back seat.
• An 84-year-old Rollingstone woman was taken to Winona Health for the treatment of non-life-threatening injuries after a two-vehicle collision on Sunday, May 17, at 1:04 p.m. near Highway 61 and 72nd Avenue in Goodview. According to the report, one vehicle was traveling north on Highway 61, and the vehicle driven by the 84-year-old woman was on 72nd Avenue and starting to cross Highway 61 when the vehicles collided.