The following are the events at Bluff Country Co-op in July. All events are free and open to the public.
• All About Fresh Produce, Saturday, July 9, 9-10 a.m. Bluff Country Co-op Produce Manager Jason Strangstalien will show you what to look for when choosing fresh produce.
• Beginner Knife Skills, Saturday, July 9, 10-10:45 a.m. Acquire proper knife skills and learn how to put them to work making homemade vegetable broth.
• Knife Sharpening, Saturday, July 9, 10:45-11 a.m. Bluff Country Co-op Deli employee Joe Smith will demonstrate techniques for knife sharpening that will keep your knives safe, functional, and long-lasting.
• Kids Cooking Class, Saturday, July 16, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Trina Barrett will lead a hands-on workshop teaching kids 12 and under how to make fun and healthy foods. Each child will go home with a new kitchen skill and a free banana.
• Eat Local Farm Tour & Composting Class, Saturday, July 16, 9:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Spend the morning at beautiful Featherstone Farm in Rushford, Minn.! Featherstone Farm will host an open house from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Bluff Country Co-op will offer a backyard composting class at the farm from 11:15 a.m. to noon. Shuttle service to the farm is available, but space is limited, so please call Melissa at 507-452-1815 to RSVP. We will depart from Bluff Country Co-op at 9:15 a.m. and return after the composting class.