The Winona County Historical Society (WCHS) is having its annual Museum Open House on Sunday, February 11, from 12-4 p.m. This family-friendly event is free and filled with many activities throughout the afternoon as a thank you to the community for loving local history so much. Enjoy some sweet treats and check out all the WCHS has to offer. It is Winona’s Winter Carnival and Frozen River Film Festival weekend – a great time to experience all things Winona for both locals and visitors!
WCHS’s Museum Open House includes:
• Made in Winona Exhibit in the Slaggie Family Lobby
• WCHS info and new membership discount drawing – See if you get 10, 25 or 50 percent off ... you could even win a free membership!
• Museum Shop (free gift with a purchase of $20 or more)
• “Heart Strings” harp music from 2-3 p.m.
• Community partner booths
• Winona silent films from the archives
• Artifact hunts with prizes
• Explore three floors of exhibits
• Learn about early photography and learn to make the first 3D experience: stereo cards!
• Free access for genealogy and other local research in the Laird Lucas Library and Archives
• Behind the scenes — check out the storage rooms!
• Create and take vintage valentines for those you love!
Learn more about the Winona County Historical Society at www.winonahistory.org or call 507-454-2723.