Travel opportunities for the 2018 WSU Retiree Center trips are filling fast! There are currently 16 spots left for the California trip and 60 spots left for the Oktoberfest trip.
Kelsey Van Ordstrand from Premier World Discovery will be hosting a Learning Club presentation about these trips on Wednesday, February 21, from 10-11 a.m. at the Winona History Center. Feel free to attend this presentation even if you are not a current Learning Club member.
You do not need to be a WSU retiree to go on either of these trips.
The first offering is a California rail discovery trip. This seven-day trip will depart on September 13, 2018. Some of the trip highlights are:
• Two rail experiences (Napa Valley Wine Train and Sierra Nevada Rail Journey)
• San Francisco city tour
• San Francisco Bay cruise
• Wine tasting and lunch aboard the Napa Valley Wine Train
• Lake Tahoe paddle wheeler cruise
• Old Town Sacramento
The second offering is Munich’s Oktoberfest and Danube River Cruise aboard the MS Amadeus Queen. This 11-day trip will depart on October 2, 2018. Some of the trip highlights are:
• Seven-night Danube River cruise on an innovative and brand new modern ship
• Munich’s Oktoberfest andCity Tour with Bavarian restaurant and beer hall lunch
• Two nights in a Bavarian village north of Munich
• Passau walking tour
• Regensburg walking tour
• Melk Abbey, Durnstein tour and wine tasting
• Vienna tour
• Bratislava tour
• Budapest tour
• Seven included shore excursions/tours
• Four themed onboard entertainment events
• Three-night Prague optional post cruise extension
You can now view all of the Retiree Center day-trip and travel information at http://www.winona.edu/retiree/travel.asp.