From: Mary Kaye Perrin, Emilie Falc, Cherie Hales
Winona Women for Healthy Communities
We are concerned about global warming and climate change, both locally and around the globe. This affects all of us in our community with such things as flooding, loss of apple crops, loss of natural resources and unusually warm winter weather.
As representatives of Winona Women for Healthy Communities we believe in starting at home, so in conjunction with other marches organized by Sierra Club and 350.org, we are planning a Winona Area People’s Climate March on Saturday, April 29, beginning at 10 a.m. at East Levee park. We will begin there and march across the Mississippi River bridge and back. We want to express our concerns about the effects of climate change and to celebrate our vision for a better world now and for future generations.
How can you get involved??
1. You can help get the word out and visit our Facebook event page and share it with friends.
2. You can donate money for supplies at https://www.youcaring.com/winonaareapeoplesclimatemarch-774620.
3. You and any group you belong to can march with us.
5. You can participate in our art making day on April 15 at the Winona Arts Center from 9 a.m. to noon.
4. We encourage you to bring signs, giant apples, fish, decorated umbrellas, bikes, skateboards, drums (anything expressing your commitment to climate justice).
Please join us for this celebration. We welcome everyone
If you have any questions please contact Mary Kaye Perrin at email@example.com.