From: Alima Fairchild
God surely has a plan. It includes for people to pay attention to what is happening in this world and to work for the benefit of all creation.
As we grow into God’s kingdom, we are charged to bring our world, as well. Stopping the things that litter, poison, and, yes, heat up our world are essential for us to live out God’s plan for us.
To end the chaos we must stop — all of us — living beyond the means of this planet to support us.
Jesus told the rich young man, “Go, sell what you have and give it to the poor, and then come and follow me.”
The letter of James (the brother of Jesus) is the earliest Christian scripture in the Bible. If we are not following these instructions, we are far from the kingdom. Instead of the highly political letters written by Paul’s followers, we need to read Matthew 25, Job, and James for about a year to get our heads back on straight. Oh, yeah, and the story of Deborah and Barak from Judges 4-5.
A lesson for ‘conservatives’ (and anyone else who might’ve missed it)
• Over 50 percent of humanity is female
• A much larger percent is non-white.
• The United States holds about five percent of the worlds population, but consumes about 30 percent of its resources. This is WRONG.
• White men seem to be afraid they are losing control of America, the world, women, and their children, too. It’s about time you all gave it up voluntarily, because you are definitely NOT smarter than others, more theologically correct, entitled to power and authority, or personal confidants of a God who says you are smarter, more right, and entitled.
• God loves you. God loves everyone. Please follow His example.