First Publication Date
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE
THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTITY OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDED BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION.
Date: March 23, 2009
YOU ARE NOTIFIED THAT:
1. Default has occurred in the conditions of the Mortgage dated October 11, 2002, executed by Leland Rain, a single person, (“Mortgagor”), to Winona National Bank, (“Mortgagee”), and recorded on October 17, 2002, as Document Number 460812, in the Office of the County Recorder of Winona County, Minnesota.
2. The Mortgage has been assigned as follows: not assigned.
3. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was: $60,000.00.
4. No action or proceeding at law is now pending to recover the debt secured by the Mortgage, or any part thereof.
5. The holder of the Mortgage has complied with all conditions precedent to acceleration of the debt secured by the Mortgage and foreclosure of the Mortgage, and all notice and other requirements of applicable statutes.
6. At the date of this notice the amount due on the Mortgage, and taxes, if any, paid by the holder of the Mortgage is: Forty-Nine Thousand Six Hundred Seventy-Nine and 31/100 dollars ($49,679.31).
7. Pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the land described as follows:
Lots One (1) and Two (2), Block One (1), Plat of Burkes Addition to Lewiston, located upon and forming a part of the Southeast Quarter of the Northeast Quarter (SE1/4 of NE1/4) of Section Fourteen (14), Township One Hundred and Six (106) North, of Range Nine (9), West of the Fifth Principal Meridian, Winona County, Minnesota.
Check here if all or part of the described real property is Registered (Torrens) _
will be sold by the County Sheriff of Winona County, Minnesota, at public auction on May 7, 2009, 10:00 a.m., at the Main Lobby of the Winona County Law Enforcement Center, 201 West Third Street, Winona, Minnesota 55987.
8. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagor or Mortgagor’s personal representatives or assigns is six months after the date of sale.
THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR’S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
9. Address of Mortgaged Premises: 115 Co. Rd. 25
Lewiston, MN 55952
10. Lender: Winona National Bank
11. Residential Mortgage Servicer: Winona National Bank
12. Tax Parcel ID: 25.020.0010
13. Transaction Agent’s Mortgage ID No.: N/A
14. Mortgage Originator: N/A
Attorney for Mortgagee or Assignee of Mortgage
Cindy K. Telstad
Streater & Murphy, P.A.
64 East Fourth Street
P.O. Box 310
Winona, MN 55987-0310
Mortgagee or Assignee of Mortgage
Winona National Bank
THIS IS A COMMUNICATION FROM A DEBT COLLECTOR ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT A DEBT. ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.